1. Originally posted by u2spear:What a beautiful song, listening to it now and would have loved to hear what it originally sounded like back in 1984 with a better voice and stuff, although i like bonos voice for this song, it fits (M)

When it was called White City, back in 1991 as Lanois said. I always had a feeling it'd end up on some remaster or something, but not as Disappearing Act.

Maybe it was an instrumental all along with DA just having extra bits added.
  2. It's a great song. I absolutely love the music on its own.
    I've been listening to this for quite some days now.

3. Is that you playing BB?
  4. It would be lame if I posted something like that then wouldn't it ?
    No it's not me, I'm already glad I can play the bassline of WOWY
  5. Why lame? I would post it if I could play THAT good Maybe I'm a bit more egocentric than you, though

I never really got to like Disappearing Act, but I appreciate it's a very good song. It's just that the 2009 Bono doesn't fit the totally TUF-ish music.
  6. Indeed, far from lame
    Maybe an idea for a new forum award, the U2 cover by a forum member award

7. Hmmm interesting I will make sure to bring that one up if we do the awards eventually!
  8. Well yeah, I like the song it its own, not the lyrics or vocals persé. That's why I posted that cover

And I meant that it would be lame if I made a cover, post it and tell you guys that I'm listening to myself for days now

And that actually IS a good idea for an award.
  9. Ah, so you were listening to the COVER for some days I thought it was the song. Yeah, the overall result is much, much better than the parts alone.
  10. I was listening to several "forgotten" tracks today with a pair of new headphones and wow, there's A LOT going on in Disappearing Act I hadn't noticed before.

It still sounds like a mashup of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Promenade and Electrical Storm. Which is nice I guess
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:I've listened to it just one with a crappy headphones (I'm at the Uni), but I liked it... a bit. Could be better.

Anxious to hear it in full quality this evening, as well as that instrumental, Yoshomo Bloom or whatever, must be beautiful

That sounds like a great rematch six years later
  12. Crazy this should surface, I was just listening to Disappearing Act while I was mowing (not a very motivating song) and I was going to open this thread to say what a peculiar song. Sounds, in places, like a more haunting version of ISHFWILF. It's actually very nice, it's a rarely mentioned song. Wasn't it actually recorded in 2009 for the remaster, just using the old lyrics/instrumentals of White City, the UF demo? It's a fascinating song, the ending is very clever.