1. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni:Just listened to it, and I think it's a great song

I like Bono's voice, and Edge's guitar cleary remimds me to the 80s songs. I'd like to see it live, but I think it's somethings that won't happen since they will have too many new songs after SoA.

I hope that Songs of Ascent sounds like this....I Still think this song is brilliant

2. No, it's probably their own interpretation due to the lack of official lyrics. But theyre normally very accurate (even managed to deciphering the second verse of NLOTH2).

You can email their lyric editor if you want:
    lyrics [at] atu2.com
  3. Listening to Dissapearing Act right now...great song. Beautiful piano outtro.
    Skipped right to Yoshino Blossom: starts with a piano intro that would make a transition from the above mentioned song into this one almost seamless.
  4. Originally posted by Rob1965:Listening to Dissapearing Act right now...great song. Beautiful piano outtro.
    Skipped right to Yoshino Blossom: starts with a piano intro that would make a transition from the above mentioned song into this one almost seamless.

I think YB would be better off without that screeching guitar in the beginning, and seamlessly transferring piano sections off the back end of DA like you suggested.
  5. Originally posted by Rob1965:Listening to Dissapearing Act right now...great song. Beautiful piano outtro.

Yes, I love the piano at the end of Disappearing Act. It mimics the melody of Bono and the Edges 'da da dah, da dah, oh' vocalisations in the intro.

Fantastically atmospheric song, with brilliant lyrics by Bono, has none of the dodgy wordplay that plagued their last three album. Hopefully it's a good indicator for the songwriting on Songs of Ascent
  6. I think its a great song,dont think the new album will sound like this though.
  7. Nope, it seems the new album holds some HTDAAB-outtakes, like "Mercy", "Lead Me In The Way I Should Go", etc.
    These songs sound very different from "Yoshino Blossom", so that wouldn't make sense.
    Although I must agree that it would be nice is the new album would sound like YB...I wouldn't have problem with that.
  8. Originally posted by Rob1965:Nope, it seems the new album holds some HTDAAB-outtakes, like "Mercy", "Lead Me In The Way I Should Go", etc.
    These songs sound very different from "Yoshino Blossom", so that wouldn't make sense.
    Although I must agree that it would be nice is the new album would sound like YB...I wouldn't have problem with that.

I don't think so, SOA is made up of NLOTH leftovers and they're not going to be including in HTDAAB outtakes as it will not fit the theme of the album.

The HTDAAB outtakes will probably either be released on some HTDAAB reissue or on the Rick Rubin album that they want to return to at some point. (Or never at all of course)
  9. Originally posted by vanquish:I don't think so, SOA is made up of NLOTH leftovers and they're not going to be including in HTDAAB outtakes as it will not fit the theme of the album.

From what we've been hearing they're recording and writing new tracks and lyrics.

This means songs like The Pilgrim And His Lack Of Progress, Velvet Hours and Grunge Beatstorm Gate might be on part of the album or at least an element of some songs (like Levitate > Miracle Drug). I'd prefer if they went with a completely new direction and then did an Unreleased And Rare on iTunes or U2.com later on with the songs they originally wanted to use. Hey, maybe we'll get another Levitate (which I'd be happy to get).

Lead Me In The Way I Should Go is from 2005. Treason and Firefly are my guesses for a HTDAAB re-issue of demos.

Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3I think YB would be better off without that screeching guitar in the beginning, and seamlessly transferring piano sections off the back end of DA like you suggested.

I really like that screeching guitar sound. That would have been killer on the actual album instead of 4th Of July - which I love as well.
  10. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

I really like that screeching guitar sound. That would have been killer on the actual album instead of 4th Of July - which I love as well.

As it's own song, it sounds fine to me, I don't have a problem with it. But I like the idea of segueing DA into it much better than them both being their own songs, since I feel they flow well when played back to back, and in that case, I think the screeching guitar would ruin the transition.
  11. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

From what we've been hearing they're recording and writing new tracks and lyrics.

This means songs like The Pilgrim And His Lack Of Progress, Velvet Hours and Grunge Beatstorm Gate might be on part of the album or at least an element of some songs (like Levitate > Miracle Drug). I'd prefer if they went with a completely new direction and then did an Unreleased And Rare on iTunes or U2.com later on with the songs they originally wanted to use. Hey, maybe we'll get another Levitate (which I'd be happy to get).

Lead Me In The Way I Should Go is from 2005. Treason and Firefly are my guesses for a HTDAAB re-issue of demos.

[..]

I think they are still working on the NLOTH leftovers, possible writing new stuff to fit the rest.

I like that screeching guitar sound as well, reminds me of Edge's work on The Batman theme song.
  12. What a beautiful song, listening to it now and would have loved to hear what it originally sounded like back in 1984 with a better voice and stuff, although i like bonos voice for this song, it fits (M)