1. I agree with you. Way to make such a sad song sound so happy!
  2. Originally posted by sonia_lastrega:[..]

Have to agree, totally. As fine as DA is, Wave of Sorrow is a full and complete song in and of itself, without the disjointedness and occasional awkwardness of DA. I'd list DA as near the top of my list of songs they should have spent more time on, finished properly and released.

WoS is quite good until the weird ending.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I think it must be an ebow, the infinite guitar wasn't ready (for him) until 1987 I think. Others can give much detailed answers though, just from the top of my haed I'd say it's ebow.

And you would be correct. I'm just reading the liner notes by Edge and he says he used the E-bow on both Disappearing Act and Yoshino Blossom.
  4. Originally posted by sonia_lastrega:[..]

And you would be correct. I'm just reading the liner notes by Edge and he says he used the E-bow on both Disappearing Act and Yoshino Blossom.

Do they say anything else about the composition of the song? ie which parts are new which are old? Are the lyrics new or just the vocals?
  5. They shouldve saved this song for songs of ascent. btw its a great addicting song
  6. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

Do they say anything else about the composition of the song? ie which parts are new which are old? Are the lyrics new or just the vocals?

Here's the quote from Edge:

"The track called 'Disappearing Act', formerly know as 'White City' was recorded at the beginning of the Slane sessions before we has set ip our multi-track recording equipment, hence it only existed as a stereo instrumental recording. We did multi-track tape recordings of a simplified version later on, but for whatever reason, it never inspired a compelling vocal melody idea; maybe because when we came to recut the track, we omitted the section before the chorus, which in 'Disappearing Act' turned out to be a crucial section. So after 25 years and a few weeks, while in France on a break between shows on the 360 tour, 'White City' was completed and became 'Disappearing Act'."

So it sounds like they had maybe they did have some lyrics, but not in the form they are now.
  7. Such a lovely song. The chorus may be a bit weak, but I love it nevertheless
  8. @u2 have their interpretation of the lyrics up. And while they're normally spot on I'm not so sure this time, their interpretation of the chorus is a bit strange IMO.

Though I think "scent' works better than "sin" in the first verse, though i'm sure it's 'exile' and not "excite' as they have.

Silence
    I know I could get used to this
    Cunning
    Your scent is something I'm not going to miss
    Excite
    It's a small price to pay for bliss
    Alone
    Like a painter's dog without a bone
    When there's only one thing you need to own
    And that is hunger
    Hunger itself

I know we'll pick and wrench
    Your night just ripped and it is torn to shreds
    From all the lovers taken to your beds
    They're empty now
    And you think that you can love
    Someone into home

Jealousy
    It's not what it's cracked up to be
    Envy
    Gets you where you need to be
    Alone
    Rather the river than your stepping stones
    Leave the graveyard before you turn to bones
    I'm tragic, your comedy
    Oh, baby doll
    The dogs are barking, they need to be fed
    All of the lepers your let in your head
    Is it empty now
    'Cause you think you can love
    Someone into home

9. Originally posted by vanquish:@u2 have their interpretation of the lyrics up. And while they're normally spot on I'm not so sure this time, their interpretation of the chorus is a bit strange IMO.

Though I think "scent' works better than "sin" in the first verse, though i'm sure it's 'exile' and not "excite' as they have.

It's definitely not excite....exile makes perfect sense as the lyric, that's what i hear it as

10. Yeah, ditto. I'm definitely not hearing 'excite'. Apart from anything else it makes no sense. Where'd they get theirs from?
  11. Originally posted by vanquish:@u2 have their interpretation of the lyrics up. And while they're normally spot on I'm not so sure this time, their interpretation of the chorus is a bit strange IMO.

[..]

I think they're wrong about several of those. Do you know their source?
  12. Just listened to it, and I think it's a great song

I like Bono's voice, and Edge's guitar cleary remimds me to the 80s songs. I'd like to see it live, but I think it's somethings that won't happen since they will have too many new songs after SoA.