1. Colours crash, collide in the T.V Eye

I want to break through, into a new frame, where the streets have no name

Always loved those two.
  2. I hate that one. Streets is sacred!

I've always loved the "when I was all fucked up" too, it really adds a lot of feeling to the meaning. Amazing.

3. I don't see what everyone's obsession with that is, its just a swear word, only like playing Wake Up Dead Man
  4. City of Blinding Lights, Sheffield 2009:

The more you feel, the less you feel
  5. Kite changes in 2006:

There's no more:
    "And hardness, it sets in
    You need some protection
    The thinner the skin"

Changed verb:
    Old:
    Who's to say where the wind will take you?
    Who's to say what it is will break you?
    New:
    Who's to say where the wind will take you?
    Who's to know what it is will break you?

fits perfectly!
  6. Originally posted by u2spear:[..]

I don't see what everyone's obsession with that is, its just a swear word, only like playing Wake Up Dead Man

its not a swear word its a 'sentence enhancer" makes the song more powerful cuz u think wow bono said fuck he must be serious.
    and btw this topic is fucking awesome, excuse the pun.
  7. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]

its not a swear word its a 'sentence enhancer" makes the song more powerful cuz u think wow bono said fuck he must be serious.
    and btw this topic is fucking awesome, excuse the pun.

Bono does not need to swear to be power or serious, or enhance any of his lyrics or songs

8. this.

I've never gotten the obsession with the "fucked up" lyric either, although I can see people's point about emphasis.
  9. Originally posted by wangmaster:[..]

this.

I've never gotten the obsession with the "fucked up" lyric either, although I can see people's point about emphasis.

yeah agree, but during Sunday Bloody Sunday on the Rattle and Hum DVD, when he says "F*UCK THE REVOLUTION", that makes you stand up and notice.

10. well to me when i hear "all fucked up" as apposed to "all messed up" it seems more of an emotionally driven outburst of his feelings.
  11. Originally posted by u2spear:[..]

yeah agree, but during Sunday Bloody Sunday on the Rattle and Hum DVD, when he says "F*UCK THE REVOLUTION", that makes you stand up and notice.

yeh thats another good example.