1. Originally posted by EridescoFly:[..]
    Possibly, but the band claimed they came up with the initial jam on the ZOO tour. I'm not sure any Zooropa material dates back as far as Love Town.
    These are the 2 quotes I found:

' And, like for “Zooropa,” the second half is based from a jam they did in New Zealand that Joe O’Herlihy had got and processed. Along with sound engineer Joe O'Herlihy, the Edge edited the best parts of the soundcheck using Sound Tools to create a song arrangement, which served as a backing track.

'was a soundcheck recording from one of the group's concert tours that was discovered by guitarist the Edge.'

If it's New Zealand than it has to be Lovetown right? There's early versions fro AB material as well stemming from that period
  2. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    These are the 2 quotes I found:

' And, like for “Zooropa,” the second half is based from a jam they did in New Zealand that Joe O’Herlihy had got and processed. Along with sound engineer Joe O'Herlihy, the Edge edited the best parts of the soundcheck using Sound Tools to create a song arrangement, which served as a backing track.

'was a soundcheck recording from one of the group's concert tours that was discovered by guitarist the Edge.'

If it's New Zealand than it has to be Lovetown right? There's early versions fro AB material as well stemming from that period
    I stand corrected then, although that jam in Kansas was also reported to have been a development of the song it probably started earlier, it's the closest I've also heard on that tour to the song hence why I made the video.

They did start the genesis of some Achtung Baby material on Love Town so maybe they went through a few things. I know the first half of the song was studio based and they found something from a soundcheck that worked with it.
  3. Originally posted by EridescoFly:[..]
    I stand corrected then, although that jam in Kansas was also reported to have been a development of the song it probably started earlier, it's the closest I've also heard on that tour to the song hence why I made the video.

They did start the genesis of some Achtung Baby material on Love Town so maybe they went through a few things. I know the first half of the song was studio based and they found something from a soundcheck that worked with it.
    Could very well be that the Kansas soundcheck is a development of the idea. I found a '89 Auckland soundcheck, but that's a very windy recording. It does have an early (and cool) full-band version of Tryin' though.
  4. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Could very well be that the Kansas soundcheck is a development of the idea. I found a '89 Auckland soundcheck, but that's a very windy recording. It does have an early (and cool) full-band version of Tryin' though.
    Yeah I've heard those, including some early riffs of UTEOTW and Ultra Violet, interesting stuff.