1. Originally posted by U2Nick:My school has three fitness centers (aerobic & anaerobic), a full gymnasium (track/field, basketball, volleyball, etc.), an indoor pool area, an outdoor (american) football (turf) field, out door track/field area, five tennis courts, three baseball/softball fields and a (euro/world) football (turf) field. The oldest equipment in the main fitness center is from 2004, and the turf fields were completed in 2006. The tennis courts were finished (with gardens, etc.) just earlier this year.

As you can tell, my school is the perfect place to be if you want to get into or stay in shape lol. (Durfee high till' I die!) Especially since the creation of the "Fitness Club" earlier this year. I work out whenever my schedule allows, which is two to four times a week, from a half hour to two hours. I'm mainly focusing on aerobic exercises, as I'm trying to lose weight. However, I'll be honest... I absolutely hate every minute that I spend doing it.

However, my diet does not match my weight lol. I eat like someone who is under weight, yet I am 15 and weigh 220 (yeah, I typed that correctly.) I eat very well, and I don't like a lot of junk food.

Shows how deprived my school is!

2. Aw, I didn't mean to size anybody's school up lmao. However, I have tremendous pride in my school and everyone who is not a Hilltopper should be extremely jealous.

I was at the gym earlier today after I helped load up a truck to bring the band and orch's things to Boston tomorrow (Wooo!!). I was on the treadmill for about 21 mins and got in (or "out") approximately 425 calories. Not bad at all.

3. Lol, I know you didn't.

Must be quite a big school if you have all that. I would be happy to have all those fitness facilities in my school. All my school has is a fitness suite (which is crap may I point out), sports hall, gymnasium and a dance studio.
  4. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]

Lol, I know you didn't.

Must be quite a big school if you have all that. I would be happy to have all those fitness facilities in my school. All my school has is a fitness suite (which is crap may I point out), sports hall, gymnasium and a dance studio.

Yeah, about 2,500 students lol... and I forgot to mention the dance studio.
  5. Joined a gym there on Sunday so got the mindset to get fit and lose a bit of weight let's see how long it lasts lol

My school has a sports hall, weights room, 400m track, we did have a swimming pool but the roof sorta fell in one soccer pitch and nine rugby pitches doesn't sound like much compared to Nick lol
  6. Oh yeah, forgot my school had an astroturf pitch and a rugby pitch as well. None of the stuff is big though.
  7. I'm walking 16 miles a day 4 days of the week as an experiment.
    Also, not drinking over lent so hopefully this shall have a visible effect.
  8. Just had a nice 20 minute run. I'm gonna get back into doing that more often. My condition is still very good though, I'm one of those annoying persons who just can't seem to not stay fit
  9. Quick question:

Does anybody use GPS tracking programs for their workout (running)? I use Endomondo but haven't been for a run for ages. Just wondering if anybody would be willing to sign-up and join a group where we can compete against each other in various challenges such as most miles covered each month, fastest mile, most calories burnt, first to reach X miles...

Let me know

EDIT: Endomondo tracks running, walking, cycling...almost everything so anyone can join.
  10. I'd be very interested in that. Don't have a smart phone though, but there's a good chance that I'll get one for christmas.
  11. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:I'd be very interested in that. Don't have a smart phone though, but there's a good chance that I'll get one for christmas.

Figured I'm more likely to stick to something if I'm competing against someone and assumed you guys would also feel the same.
  12. Maybe we could just have some little competition anyway meanwhile?

Kilometers run? (I have other ways to know how long I ran)