1. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:Maybe we could just have some little competition anyway meanwhile?

Kilometers run? (I have other ways to know how long I ran)

Sure. I'm going have to break out my running shoes and an imperial to metric converter...
  2. Do we have an average number of kilometers per hour competition as well, maybe a total time competition as well?

I ran 3900 meters on today's easy little run, in 19 min 30 sec.

That gives me a speed of 12 kilometers per hour.
  3. Well without tracking software, we can only do the basics:

1. Distance covered (Weekly basis)
    2. Furthest distance covered (Weekly basis)
    3. Highest average speed (Weekly basis)

Good enough start.
  4. Why not a total time? I suggest we have a leader board that anyone who wants to compete reposts and adds his results to:

Distance ran:

1. Mr_Trek, 3,9 kilometers

Average running speed:

1. Mr_Trek, 12 kilometers per hour

Total running time:

1. Mr_Trek, 19 min 30 sec

Maybe we should create a new topic for this competition?
  5. Originally posted by iTim[..]

Well there's only me and you in it so far

A valid point, but still, it'd clutter up this (not very well used) topic.

Moderator opinion, please?
  6. Well Olof, you'll be pleased to know I went out today and ran. Wasn't sure how to go about it, maybe aim to run further than you, sacrifice distance for speed or try and match you on both fronts.

I ended up opting for distance, you clocked in at 3.9km which over here is 2.42 miles - so I aimed for 2.5 miles. Admittedly, I was spent after a mile (1.6km) but I battled on to the 2.5 mile mark. Turns out my pace was slower than you.

Distance ran:
    1. iTim - 4.02 km
    2. Mr_Trek - 3.9 km

Average running speed:
    1. Mr_Trek - 12 km/h
    2. iTim - 9.2 km/h

Total running time:
    1. iTim - 26 min 12 sec
    2. Mr_Trek - 19 min 30 sec
  7. I shall take a run this afternoon. A fast one to destroy you in speed

Good job BTW!!

8. Once I get back into the swing of things I'll be hot on your heels in the speed department.
  9. Wat are some good songs to listen to while exercising?

10. I only listen to U2 bootlegs whilst I'm running, from Zoo TV onwards. For me, it's difficult to beat the energy of the band and the cheering of the audience when I'm trying to push on.
  11. If you want to listen to U2, the best thing you can listen to is the opening of a Popmart show; Mofo, I Will Follow, Gone, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Last Night On Earth and Until the End of the World, try to not run to that

If you want to listen to non-U2, go for the opening of Pearl Jam's Ten. So much energy there.