1. Originally posted by celts84:[..]
    Michael Jackson hasn’t been found guilty for a start and we’re talking crimes that have actually been investigated but doesn’t mean if he was found guilty in the future I wouldn’t change my attitude towards him, I certainly wouldn’t listen to his stuff anymore nor do I think it should be played no out of respect for any victim.

Right so Michael Jackson was never found guilty of touching kids and your attitude towards him seems like you are accepting of him and his legacy, even though there were and are lots of allegations against him and he even settled a child molestation case out of court?

Win hasn't been found guilty of anything either?

But at this stage four adults have accused someone of maybe some slight sexual misconduct and suddenly it's the end of the world for a bunch of people on this board and the rest of the other posturing white knights trying to return tickets and demanding the tour be cancelled?

So why are people still listening to Michael Jackson?

Does it not seem like a lot of gesturing and people jumping on the cancel culture bandwagon? If he's charged, tried and convicted, sure lock him up. Whatever he deserves.

One article showing a couple of texts from a number called 'Win' and a groupie claiming she tried to kill herself after she probably realised she got used and didn't actually have a chance with her idol? Unlike the rest I'll wait to reserve judgement instead of jumping to some pretty wild conclusions after one article from Pitchfork of all publications. Anyone would think it's the Holy Bible
  2. "Michael Jackoson... if you're out there... I don't believe you're BAD... gulity before you've been given a chance" Bono - Dublin'93
  3. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]

Right so Michael Jackson was never found guilty of touching kids and your attitude towards him seems like you are accepting of him and his legacy, even though there were and are lots of allegations against him and he even settled a child molestation case out of court?

Win hasn't been found guilty of anything either?

But at this stage four adults have accused someone of maybe some slight sexual misconduct and suddenly it's the end of the world for a bunch of people on this board and the rest of the other posturing white knights trying to return tickets and demanding the tour be cancelled?

So why are people still listening to Michael Jackson?

Does it not seem like a lot of gesturing and people jumping on the cancel culture bandwagon? If he's charged, tried and convicted, sure lock him up. Whatever he deserves.

One article showing a couple of texts from a number called 'Win' and a groupie claiming she tried to kill herself after she probably realised she got used and didn't actually have a chance with her idol? Unlike the rest I'll wait to reserve judgement instead of jumping to some pretty wild conclusions after one article from Pitchfork of all publications. Anyone would think it's the Holy Bible
    Guilty until proven innocent.

I tend to agree with you.
  4. Originally posted by zbych:"Michael Jackoson... if you're out there... I don't believe you're BAD... gulity before you've been given a chance" Bono - Dublin'93
    Ben, the two of us need look no more (Michael Jackson was innocent)” Eddie Vedder - Atlanta ‘94 (while performing the PJ song “Rats”)
  5. I’m trying to think of how I’d react if one of my music “idols” was to be accused of something like this. I can’t really see this happening to, say, Bono, Thom Yorke, or Eddie Vedder. I suppose I wouldn’t be shocked if Liam Gallagher had some sort of accusation like this dating back to the 90s.

Still surprised more hasn’t come out about various rock bands from the 1970s and 1980s.
  6. It's something I've wondered about since all these sort of things started coming to light in the last decade. Surely there were incidents but the world was a different place 20+ and 40+ years ago
  7. Well innocent or guilty it will have an impact on the band.

Several radio stations in Canada have pulled them off the air until further notice, including the national broadcaster. Their opening tour stop in Dublin was surrounded by media reports about the accusations instead of reviews of the show. Media were waiting outside the show to ask people about the accusations, and many fans didn’t know until asked.

They did play to a mostly filled house. There appeared to be little effect on concert attendance.

8. Yeah and it seems that the crowd reception in-house was positive too. We'll see how it develops as the tour goes on. I have tickets to see them in Warsaw and I can't say I feel excited to go now. The Win stuff is one thing but I've also had a look at Dan Boeckner's Twitter and, oh boy, it's like an echo chamber for Russian propaganda. Can't see it playing well in this part of the world, the only question is whether many people realize what this guy's apparent views are and that he is currently touring with the band. Judging by Ticketmaster, ticket sales have been quite poor here anyway.
  9. WOWY cover!

10. And filmed by @andreamacedo no less?