1. Not grim at all, they played Bad after this linkup, which gave the song a real strong emotion, this was also the show where Salman Rushdie made an appearance during macphistos phone call.
  2. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:Man, I gave this album another spin this morning and I gotta say, I’m jealous of everyone who enjoys it so much. I just cannot get into it at all, never could. It’s definitely an interesting listen and for u2 to release something like this at that point was incredibly ballsy. It’s a necessary entry in their catalogue and I appreciate it for what it is. I still think if they stayed the course and kept this attitude while making NLOTH it could’ve been their best album.

Why did you choose Zooropa to be your avatar then? I find this interesting.
  3. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:Man, I gave this album another spin this morning and I gotta say, I’m jealous of everyone who enjoys it so much. I just cannot get into it at all, never could. It’s definitely an interesting listen and for u2 to release something like this at that point was incredibly ballsy. It’s a necessary entry in their catalogue and I appreciate it for what it is.

I feel, and have always felt, this way exactly too.
  4. Originally posted by hawkmoon_269:[..]
    Not grim at all, they played Bad after this linkup, which gave the song a real strong emotion, this was also the show where Salman Rushdie made an appearance during macphistos phone call.
    Sounds like that would be a pretty unforgettable experience then. The Salman Rushdie appearance made global headlines.
  5. Lol. This has been brought up. Honestly it was only image I could find that was small enough to be accepted as an avatar. I do like the artwork though.

6. Probably been seen but I've only just found it... the Zoomerang tour dates are interesting.
  7. Still weird to read that it was recorded March-May, considering the Zooropa tour started May 7th.

Never heard them complaining they didn't have enough time to get Zooropa right either...
  8. It's just the perfect sequel to Achtung Baby. It feels like it adds continuity to that entire vibe.

Songs are great too. Not a stinker on there for me.
  9. Was sad to see Bad, Desire and UV go but so good that they brought in Dirty Day, Crashed Car and Lemon for the last leg. Was lucky to see Babyface and Zooropa too although not the best versions
  10. I'd just like to say: I love Daddy's Gonna Pay live on the Sydney concert.

Funky.
    Outrageous.
    Amazing.

Bring this song back!
  11. Ah Zooropa, what an odd album... One that is for me definitely greater than the sum of its parts. Plenty of songs on it that I don’t get a whole lot from... yet listening straight through is a wild experience. Definitely U2 at their most out there. I hope they’ll do another record like this sometime... even an EP, four or five tracks... they won’t, but it’s nice to imagine...
  12. Lemon is a hell of a tune, I can definetly see why they pushed it so hard.