1. Incredible album for what was supposed to be only an EP. I wonder if this is their most cohesive work in terms of overall sound and theme, actually. Its experimentation in the midst of Zoo TV madness actually makes its identity that much more solid. Love the beginning declaration of the title track (“uncertainty can be a guiding light”) and the closing Ecclesiastes-like musings of The Wanderer. Some of Bono’s best lyrics all throughout and gems like Stay, Lemon, The First Time, Dirty Day…

Time to go listen again!
  2. Am I the only U2startmember who thinks that Zooropa is one of the lesser U2 records?
    I actually only like Zooropa, Stay and more or less Dirty Day (Zoomerang Live).
    I just can't get into the album of Zooropa.
  3. Originally posted by ferrari:Am I the only U2startmember who thinks that Zooropa is one of the lesser U2 records?
    I’d think the answer to that is yes. I’d say most fans of the band consider it a strong effort. I don’t think it will be in many people’s bottom 5 which is quite a success given its experimental nature. I don’t see too many songs from the album singled out for criticism either very often.
  4. Originally posted by ferrari:Am I the only U2startmember who thinks that Zooropa is one of the lesser U2 records?
    zooropa, stay & dirty day are much better than some entire U2 records
  5. Originally posted by ferrari:Am I the only U2startmember who thinks that Zooropa is one of the lesser U2 records?
    It was basically a stop gap and left overs from AB ,it's quite a dark and industrial album so it wasn't to everyone's liking some people who liked the big anthems didn't really warm to it but I don't think the band cared as they saw it as an experimental album that they cobbled together in the middle of a tour.
  6. Zooropa wins a Grammy for Best Alternative Album. Remarkable for a Band at this career stage. It shows their creativity on this Record.
  7. Originally posted by KenScott:Zooropa wins a Grammy for Best Alternative Album. Remarkable for a Band at this career stage. It shows their creativity on this Record.
    Milli Vanilli won a Grammy . Nuff Said .
  8. Yawn...your point? It was nice and all that the album was recognized, but I don't necessarily agree with the "alternative" distinction. And the albums that Zooropa beat? By the Pumpkins, Nirvana and REM? Yes, Belly too LOL. Their albums were rightly in that category. I love Zooropa, but I still think Zooropa was out of its league against these other bands and their albums.
  9. Lemon is the song I've listened to the most in my entire life of music listening by faaar, according to the counters.