1. did anyone read that hotpress thing about new U2 music said by bono and edge?
  2. "And if it doesn’t have meaning within the band, then it’s not going to have meaning outside of the band. So this is the time when if people have lost their love, they should fuck off. Including me. You know what I mean? That’s what it is, right?"
    -Bono
  3. i think at this point that could be mean something
  4. "...He reassured Lowe, however, that the band will manage to put together 10 tracks. Claiming “that’s all you need” for an album."
  5. Bono added: “Edge has about 100 in the bag. I have about 20… but [bassist] Adam [Clayton]’s got something to contribute.”

Bono continued to explain that drummer, Larry Mullen Jr, “will be sitting there going through the bag going, ‘Yeah, no, that’s shite. That’s shite. That’s shite. Is there anything here that isn’t shite?'” (THIS PART KILLED ME )
  6. hope they make a heavy record or something and i'll be in peace with them (i'll love them whatever they do)
  7. I am back into a full-fledged U2 phase. Listening to bootlegs at my desk, etc.
  8. Same! I'm 24/7 watching/listening to U2.
  9. Isn't it great when the passion comes back in full throttle Glad for you, amigo!
  10. I'm thinking, why do the songs in Vegas have a fairly standard, album-like form? They might even be slightly trimmed down? There's a lack of extended parts, spontaneity, and the Edge's mind-blowing solos, like in "Kite" at the end of the Vertigo Tour, or in "One," or in "Mysterious Ways."

It seems to me that the band is saving those special moments for a full tour, and the entire setlist structure - on the next tour, Vertigo probably won't precede "Streets."

But those are just my personal thoughts.