2011-06-24 - Glastonbury
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. It may not have been a stellar performance but the worst U2 gig can still cast a shadow over the best some other bands can deliver.
  2. Was interesting to see them at their age (even back then) doing Glastonbury. May not have been the greatest of performances, but hats off to them for even having that opportunity in 2011. Hard to believe it's 10 years ago now
  3. They shouldn't have played Glasto.
  4. I must be one of the few who loved it.
  5. It's not that i didn't like it at all, but it was sooooooo hyped for a year and a half so expectations were high. They just didn't fullfill expectations.

tv broadcast didn't make it better. Halfway switching channels BBC1 to 2 (or the other way around) annoyed me as did all those flags in front of the stage.
  6. I love the show and it is the only full show from 360 era I watch. Rose bowl is their worst video release ever and is not watchable in conparison in my opinion.
  7. Setlist was off. You can mess around with the setlist all you want but also 2011 Bono and the NLOTH era and the leather outfit wasn't fit for Glastonbury in 2011 imo. Something like TJT2017 tour setlist or the Bonnaroo show would have sufficed much better.

SBS
    I Will Follow
    New Year's Day
    Bad
    Pride
    Streets
    Still Haven't
    WOWY
    Even Better Than the Real Thing
    The Fly
    MW
    Until the End of the World
    One
    COBL
    Vertigo
    GOYB
    Elevation
    Beautiful Day
    -----
    Hold Me Thrill Me (360 style)
    UV (360 style)
    MOS
    Out Of Control
    40 (?)

Setlist gets real iffy towards the end but that would have been pleased the crowd much more I think.
  8. I simply don't understand the hate this show gets among the fanbase. It was a perfectly fine performance, fairly typical U2 show of 2011. Other than flubbing the intro of EBTTRT, they played just fine. Sure, the rain probably inhibited their performance, but they sure gave it 10x more than fucking Oasis ever did.
  9. Originally posted by podiumboy:I simply don't understand the hate this show gets among the fanbase. It was a perfectly fine performance, fairly typical U2 show of 2011. Other than flubbing the intro of EBTTRT, they played just fine. Sure, the rain probably inhibited their performance, but they sure gave it 10x more than fucking Oasis ever did.
    I agree.

I've never listened to that show before. The vitriol prompted me to check it out.

Listening now, about 1/3 through. Good show so far. Haters gonna hate, I guess..
  10. Originally posted by spfletty:[..]
    I agree.

I've never listened to that show before. The vitriol prompted me to check it out.

Listening now, about 1/3 through. Good show so far. Haters gonna hate, I guess..
    U2 in the drenching rain in Minneapolis at the end of 360 was fucking amazing.
  11. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:Setlist was off. You can mess around with the setlist all you want but also 2011 Bono and the NLOTH era and the leather outfit wasn't fit for Glastonbury in 2011 imo. Something like TJT2017 tour setlist or the Bonnaroo show would have sufficed much better.

SBS
    I Will Follow
    New Year's Day
    Bad
    Pride
    Streets
    Still Haven't
    WOWY
    Even Better Than the Real Thing
    The Fly
    MW
    Until the End of the World
    One
    COBL
    Vertigo
    GOYB
    Elevation
    Beautiful Day
    -----
    Hold Me Thrill Me (360 style)
    UV (360 style)
    MOS
    Out Of Control
    40 (?)

Setlist gets real iffy towards the end but that would have been pleased the crowd much more I think.
    WTFever.