1. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Come off it the album is a certified classic and their best , the hardcore may disagree but look at the songs on it they don't have any other albums with so many great songs on it ,any time they play it live they get a massive reaction when a band can break out of their normal fanbase you know you have something special Metallica had the Black album ,Oasis had morning Glory, GnR had Appetite, Nirvana had Nevermind ,The Verve had Urban Hymns,The Beatles well they had at least 5 ,these albums caught people's imagination who wouldn't normally buy or listen to them .
    Ok I’ll come off it. Wasn’t knocking 10, just letting you know it’s not the #1 on most fans list.
  2. Originally posted by RUMMY:A lot of us appreciate Ten (it indeed has most of their biggest hits) but their next four or five albums is where, imho, they really hit their stride. There are soooo many gems on Vs, Vitalogy, No Code, and Yield.
    Come off it Matt.
  3. Before you guys come off it can you let me know what you were on first so I can get on it
  4. Pearl Jam's Ten and VS are the equivalent of U2's Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree. I am not saying they are as good, but I am saying that these are hands down their best records respectively...
  5. Originally posted by LostSailor:Pearl Jam's Ten and VS are the equivalent of U2's Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree. I am not saying they are as good, but I am saying that these are hands down their best records respectively...
    Maybe similarly AB is probably more loved amongst the die hard u2 fans and JT amongst the general public. For Pearl Jam Ten is most loved amongst the general public not sure what’s #1 amongst there die hard fan base. Anyway Gigaton I think might be a bit of a grower. Don’t think it’s going to be near there best but not terrible either. Quite good I’d say but that’s based on 1 listen well a few more for some tracks that were already released.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Believe me, you really don't want to contradict @mofonyr15 on this. I know very few people more knowledgeable than him when it comes to Peal Jam so if I were you I'd just take his word for it
    No. He had to prove me wrong. It’s seems super important for some reason. Obviously ten is GENERALLY CONSIDERED ONE OF THE GREATEST ALBUMS OF ALL TIME. All I said was most die hards do not have it at number one.
  7. You don’t want to. I’d advise to STAY off it
  8. In the end, I don't know if I ever really liked Even Flow. It's still a "classic" but the parodies ruined any chance of me really liking the song - similar feelings for Jeremy and its b-side, Yellow Ledbetter.

Songs like Once, Why Go, Garden, and Deep are solid rockers but I think I've sort of outgrown them...maybe overdid it at some point over the years.

I still like Porch but it's a bit drawn out and overplayed at concerts. Earlier versions are outstanding.

Oceans is nice but nearly as good as Release - which I much prefer live. Love that tune.

That leaves me with two of their (still) best, Black and Alive. Yes, they too are overplayed but they are both gems that I doubt I will ever tire of - especially Alive.