1. Ten , Achtung baby, Smells like tspirit..........
    My favs

2. Ten is a radio compromise. They made concessions to get on air. They didn't like the mix in 92 and finally remixed it 09. They followed the same formula as The Black Crowes did with SYMM and SHAMC. Make a more artistic album after the first glossy one. Most critiques of Ten is that it sounds like a Bad Co. record. That's correct.
  3. It could have used some outliers like red dot or Bugs.
  4. From pitchfork:

The artistic rejuvenation that Gigaton aims to provide still seems somewhat out of reach. In that sense, it reminds me of U2’s No Line on the Horizon—another late-career attempt at experimentation after a series of back-to-basic statements. Both records indulge an influential band’s artsier side in mostly superficial ways—longer songs, pasted-in ambience, grand attempts at state-of-the-union philosophizing—while backing away from the actual subversion that made them exciting in the first place. Like U2, Pearl Jam have been able to sustain their legacy even without vital new studio work. But unlike U2, Pearl Jam seem content to deliver their messages to the already converted, with no interest in the mainstream attention that once came naturally. Their self-awareness both grounds this music and confines its ambition.
  5. Finally got to listen to Gigaton.

Love it.

As usual for me, the most enjoyable part is not on the rockers (even though Take The Long Way with its 7/8 time signature and Superblood Wolfmoon with its chorus-that's-not-a-chorus are really good), but in the mid-tempos.

Right now, Alright is the highlight of the album for me.
    River Cross is absolutely incredible.
    Never Destination is probably the most Pearljamish song of the bunch and that's not neccesarily a bad sign, but I didn't find anything new or amazing in it.
    Quick Escape is still mindblowing, I'm liking it more by the minute.
    Dance Of The Clairvoyants fits much better within the album context than on its own. I can see why they released it as the first single though!
    Buckle Up and Comes Then Goes are the weakest part of the album, I could do without them right now - but I'm sure they'll grow on me.

PS. During Seven O'Clock I had to check the spotify credits to see if it was Eddie Vedder or Bruce Springsteen
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:Finally got to listen to Gigaton.

Love it.

As usual for me, the most enjoyable part is not on the rockers (even though Take The Long Way with its 7/8 time signature and Superblood Wolfmoon with its chorus-that's-not-a-chorus are really good), but in the mid-tempos.

Right now, Alright is the highlight of the album for me.
    River Cross is absolutely incredible.
    Never Destination is probably the most Pearljamish song of the bunch and that's not neccesarily a bad sign, but I didn't find anything new or amazing in it.
    Quick Escape is still mindblowing, I'm liking it more by the minute.
    Dance Of The Clairvoyants fits much better within the album context than on its own. I can see why they released it as the first single though!
    Buckle Up and Comes Then Goes are the weakest part of the album, I could do without them right now - but I'm sure they'll grow on me.

PS. During Seven O'Clock I had to check the spotify credits to see if it was Eddie Vedder or Bruce Springsteen
    It’s a solid album dude. Has a little bit of everything in it. Easy 7.5/10 for me.
  7. I’m enjoying the first half for sure. I wish it would of been maybe 6 song EP. 1-6 strongest. Quick Escape is probably one of the best they have written in last 3 albums. I’m not a fan of the singer songwriter Eddie songs I’m sure he forces on the album. I wish he would keep those for solo stuff. Too many of those on last three records.
    But the use of new sounds are notable. 7/10 for me.
  8. My problem: I very rarely listen to studio Pearl Jam. Aside from Vs, Vitalogy, and Yield, it all sounds weird to me. Gigaton is no exception.
  9. Originally posted by jasvan:I’m enjoying the first half for sure. I wish it would of been maybe 6 song EP. 1-6 strongest. Quick Escape is probably one of the best they have written in last 3 albums. I’m not a fan of the singer songwriter Eddie songs I’m sure he forces on the album. I wish he would keep those for solo stuff. Too many of those on last three records.
    But the use of new sounds are notable. 7/10 for me.
    Jason! How ya been?
  10. Yeah, between 7-8 out of 10. Which are your favs?
  11. What’s up Matt! Lately? Ha .. locked in my house with three kids. Seriously could be worse in South Carolina. It’s been warm enough to be out by my pool so no complaints. Hoping for a Fall Tour down South from PJ but maybe more like next year by the time they make up Spring tour.
    Can’t wait to start sharing PJ boots again with new tour and music.
  12. Still early. As of now
    Who ever said (love that last 2 min and the lack of structure)

Super blood. Just a fun catchy song.

Dance. Love it. Always have. That outro with headphones is where it’s at

Quick Escape is near perfection. That baseline. Wow

7:00. It’s growing. I’m digging the vibe

Never destination. Surfer rock / Tom Petty. Can’t go wrong for me personally.

Take the long way.
    Love the 7/8 and the vocal textures.

Retrograde. I think this will reach next level live. Especially that last 2 min.

Comes then goes sounds great. Love the sound of Eddie wailing on an acoustic. But it’s 2.5 min too long

River Cross. It’s a solid closer.

Buckle up and sorry Serge, Alright.
    I’m not feeling these two yet. Who knows. The album seems like a grower.