1. If Corduroy was after Whipping then I'd have no complaints, it's just a really awkward incision.
  2. Haha I know. I love Corduroy, easily in my Top10 PJ songs. But awkward is what Vitalogy was all about isn't it?
  3. It's extremely awkward. Maybe I'm being too precious because Corduroy is my favourite PJ song.
  4. Gigaton has lived up to my expectation of being a grower. Really enjoying it now, 3 songs right enough that I don’t hate but I can’t really say I’m into either buckle up, comes then goes and river cross, but the rest are all good or better.
  5. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    I'm genuinely surprised it was written by Gossard, his songs are normally pretty easy to swallow. But 'Buckle Up' is just too melancholic and glitzy. We'll see what it sounds like live, but it will be one of those 'check your phone notifications' moments I reckon, sort of like 'Sleeping By Myself'.

Some of the songs are maybe a bit too long. Not 'Who Ever Said', I can't get enough of that song.

I think of “Parachutes” when I hear “Buckle Up.”
  6. Ha, didn't know it was your fav. It's an incredible song, and the alternate take is fantastic as well.
  7. Yeah, so by that comparison everyone will have forgotten about it by the turn of the year.
  8. Corduroy is the quintessential PJ song.... or maybe it’s RVM.
  9. For me, RVM is akin to U2 WTSHNM
    Given to Fly is also up there...