1. Feel bad for everyone going. Sacramento and Vegas cancelled. Now Jeff has tested positive. Man that’s tough.
  2. Damn damn damn. Was just about to head down to the venue in the 100 degree head in an hour to do soundcheck.

Hope they get better soon! Now I REALLY wish I had done the second Oakland show too.
  3. Oh wow, what a bummer. I hope they all recover soon and the tour can go on as planned asap
  4. They're cancelling the Sacramento + Vegas shows and issuing refunds, so who knows at this point.
  5. This is the weirdest PJ tour ever. It's the Gigaton Tour and they are not playing a lot off Gigaton every night. Dance of the Clairvoyants is their biggest tune in decades and they don't play it in every city, let alone every show, even when Matt Cameron is drumming....The setlists are the shortest they have ever been at 22 to 24 songs. PJ used to play 31, 32 songs a night with 2 encores easy. All tickets cost the same, regardless of where the seat is at $125 plus fees. I'm not sad I don't have an opportunity to see this tour - if it even continues...
  6. I know what you mean about the absence of the Gigaton songs. I am wondering if they can't pull off DOTC and some of the new tunes with Josh on drums as opposed to him playing his usual parts.

I was on my way to Vegas to see them, so I share in other people's disappointment. Second cancellation in a row for me if you count the originally scheduled Gigaton tour when I was planning to go to San Diego. Makes me feel pretty grateful I was able to see Lorde a few weeks back and that show actually happened.
  7. I do have empathy for all PJ fans who were going to shows that got cancelled....what is even weirder is that the shows were cancelled and not rescheduled. PJ is based out of the west coast, it seems odd that they couldn't add those dates to their fall itinerary somehow. One would think that it wouldn't be that hard to play those shows at some point....
  8. I just deleted my last post
  9. It was probably policy from the start that this would happen. Fans have been pushed to the brink with these Gigaton shows. They can always cancel and start again with these ones.
  10. Maybe Sacramento and Vegas will happen in late August.
  11. Originally posted by LostSailor:This is the weirdest PJ tour ever. It's the Gigaton Tour and they are not playing a lot off Gigaton every night. Dance of the Clairvoyants is their biggest tune in decades and they don't play it in every city, let alone every show, even when Matt Cameron is drumming....The setlists are the shortest they have ever been at 22 to 24 songs. PJ used to play 31, 32 songs a night with 2 encores easy. All tickets cost the same, regardless of where the seat is at $125 plus fees. I'm not sad I don't have an opportunity to see this tour - if it even continues...
    Shows were still over 2 hours. It sucks but I think the shorter sets are here to stay. Regarding the Gigaton songs it’s obvious that without MC the set list approach changed. Hard enough teaching 2 drummers over 40 songs. Let alone 60-80 that usually get played during a PJ tour. They stuck with songs Josh and Rich were most familiar with. Most bands play the same set even in a two night stay at a city. They tried to switch it up in Oakland and I give them credit for that. I can’t imagine the stress of this tour honestly. Losing your drummer and having to have two (3) guys fill in to play a show, EV getting food poisoning and now Jeff going down with covid. And it can’t be too much fun the other 22 hours of the day with protocols. In reality they should have played these shows last spring. It’s no better now, covid-wise.
  12. I think they want this tour over. Cancelling and offering a refund is the best thing they can do. They could always just book again in 8 months. I'm worried about the Canadian tour now but no point in booking hotels or travel because there are so many variables. They still have to worry about Europe!