1. There's a translator for Bono at Milan 92 isn't there? Just before Ultraviolet.
  2. no not really .. that was the usual phone call .. the italian voice was a taped message on the phone number .. actually Bono said "i wanna speak to my baby" in italian ("voglio parlare con la mia donna" ) too

in the Guns show in Rio when Axl made his speeches he said a sentence and someone translated it in portuguese/brazilian then Axl said another one and then the translation and so on
  3. But when he's apologising for the trucks breaking down and is saying can you understand me? Is he meant to be on the phone there?
  4. yes he was on the phone
  5. Axl used many translators while touring South American during Use Your Illusion Tour. I think in Chile, someone threw a rock on the stage, so he stopped the show for 5 minutes and brought on an interpreter.
  6. cool i didn't know
    he didn't lose the habit since then .. the show i was talking about is of 2001
  7. I've heard mix opinions abouts Chinese Democracy, especially from people on this site. Whats your guys opinions on Axls latest album?
  8. Originally posted by Hans23:I've heard mix opinions abouts Chinese Democracy, especially from people on this site. Whats your guys opinions on Axls latest album?

It should have been called Axl Rose: Chinese Democracy.

I found it meh overall... lots of guitar wankery and very generic sounding.
  9. agree for the first sentence .. for me it shouldn't be considered a GnR album
    it's a very controversial album to judge .. too much people playing on the songs during the years (a lot of years) .. too much overdubbings maybe
    but i find in it some very good pieces of music and ideas and Axl is in great shape (particularly when sings with the piano)
    it's not all gold there's also some forgettable tracks ..
    up and down .. i "matched" it late but i like it every time i listen to it .. i think it's not an easy-listening album .. it needs various listenings to be caught by it in my opinion
  10. Bar five songs, it's good but different. Had it been released in 1995 or 1999, it might have been better-recieved, if you don't mind 27 different guitarists, Axl Rose stylings and orchestras, strings, pianos, keyboards, synths and drum machines, then yeah, it's not bad.

There Was A Time, Prostitute and Sorry are the standouts because they sound big. And even one of the songs was started back in 1993!!!
  11. sure you must not approach it as in Appetite style
  12. Originally posted by Hans23:I've heard mix opinions abouts Chinese Democracy, especially from people on this site. Whats your guys opinions on Axls latest album?

Was a HUGE fan in the late-eighties and early-nineties. I mean HUGE - liked them better than U2.

I hated Chinese Democracy, however. Appreciate the comments that it should not be compared to A4D but I found it too over-produced and all over the place in terms of "theme." I haven't listened to my copy since 2008. Anyone want it?