1. Well I think congratulations are in order!

2. Agreed...Pearl Jam are great..but the Beatles ? No band will ever come close to the greatness that was the Beatles....
  3. i don't want to take anything away from this statement, far away from me i know very well their place in music history , but we don't know much about their live dimension aside from the screams of the girls hehe .. i'm obviously extreming .. i would have love to listen to something live from their second half of their life for example.
    i guess there were at least one better live band at that time (The Who?)
  4. I guess The Stones had the "screaming fans" issies for most of the deacade )sixties) as well. They have some pretty good live shows from the latter part of the decade, however.

To appreciate The Bealtes in a live setting, I suppose we all have to go see one of the many tribute acts.
  5. being Oasis disbanded (sorry Matt didn't mean to let you know Santa Claus doesn't exist hehe) .. Beady Eye?
  6. Here's one of my favorite videos of The Beatles performing live:

7. It was on this day, fifty years ago, that The Beatles released their first single on Parlophone Records: "Love Me Do"

The orginal single version (p.s. it's in mono (as it should be), despite the title):
  8. i was just saying it in GC
    that day marked a new dawn for music industry

9. I gave you props for the post in General Chat.

And yes, it was the beginning of something truly great.
  10. rubber soul sessions/outtakes at hear rock city blogspot
  11. Long live.