1. Originally posted by jheath:[image]
    Saw The Stones last night in my hometown, Southampton. Got extremely luck with the tickets, £30 for lucky dip. Had to go to a box office show i.d then choose one out of say 20 envelopes. Managed to get Pit A right by the walk way and stood by the barrier. Gig was really good considering their age e.t.c. Did Midnight Rambler, my fav live Stones song. Nice to be home 30 mins after a big stadium gig I must say. Mick still runs around like a looney, despite being 74.
    Love to hear that

Yeah, those Lucky Dips are really great! We did this last year for both Dusseldorf and Arnhem: GA & pit for Arnhem

Last night I tried to follow the setlist on iorr, but since no reports came in, the only thing people could do was watch the pics coming in and guess the song
    Was kinda funny actually...perhaps we should do this here at start also
  2. St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton, England 29th May 2018

1. Start Me Up
    2. Let's Spend the Night Together
    3. Tumbling Dice
    4. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
    5. Just Your Fool
    6. Under My Thumb
    7. Sweet Virginia
    8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
    9. Paint It Black
    10.Honky Tonk Women
    11.The Worst (Keith Richards on vocals)
    12.Before They Make Me Run (Keith Richards on vocals)
    13.Sympathy for the Devil
    14.Miss You
    15.Midnight Rambler
    16.Jumpin' Jack Flash
    17.Brown Sugar

Encore
    18.Gimme Shelter
    19.(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
  3. Originally posted by jheath:St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton, England 29th May 2018

1. Start Me Up
    2. Let's Spend the Night Together
    3. Tumbling Dice
    4. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
    5. Just Your Fool
    6. Under My Thumb
    7. Sweet Virginia
    8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
    9. Paint It Black
    10.Honky Tonk Women
    11.The Worst (Keith Richards on vocals)
    12.Before They Make Me Run (Keith Richards on vocals)
    13.Sympathy for the Devil
    14.Miss You
    15.Midnight Rambler
    16.Jumpin' Jack Flash
    17.Brown Sugar

Encore
    18.Gimme Shelter
    19.(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
    I saw them in Dublin 2 weeks ago they knocked it out of the park all these cynical comments about them are completely insane, Jagger has more energy than most lead singers half his age and the band played really well. So many highlights from Sympathy for the devil to Gimme shelter.
  4. I'm looking to go to the Edinburgh concert next week, but obviously I don't want it to be too much of an expense (which a Rolling Stones gig can be). Lucky dip tickets are sold out, but does anyone know if they can become available again? I'm constantly checking, but nothing is changing. I think the Coventry gig became available again, but I'm not too sure.

Obviously checking if people are selling, but it's still like 85 quid a ticket. Might have to bite the bullet next Saturday if I can't find anything. Need to see this band and they'll be on my doorstep.
  5. Originally posted by KieranU2:I'm looking to go to the Edinburgh concert next week, but obviously I don't want it to be too much of an expense (which a Rolling Stones gig can be). Lucky dip tickets are sold out, but does anyone know if they can become available again? I'm constantly checking, but nothing is changing. I think the Coventry gig became available again, but I'm not too sure.

Obviously checking if people are selling, but it's still like 85 quid a ticket. Might have to bite the bullet next Saturday if I can't find anything. Need to see this band and they'll be on my doorstep.
    I think LD were available for almost all shows last week.

Have you tried IORR?

I bit the bullet ages ago even if GA is expensive, it would still be cheaper to see them in Cardiff than seeing them elsewhere with travel, etc included.
  6. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    I think LD were available for almost all shows last week.

Have you tried IORR?

I bit the bullet ages ago even if GA is expensive, it would still be cheaper to see them in Cardiff than seeing them elsewhere with travel, etc included.
    Ah, so they must come in drips and drabs. I'll keep checking then.

I'll keep checking IORR as well. Thanks very much.

7. Just back from the Coventry gig. Superb
  8. Great set list

I love it when they open with Street Fighting Man!

Very nice to see that opening songs are being rotated anyway
  9. 19 songs and we complain about 24...
  10. Haven't bothered to see them since 1990 Urban Jungle at Wembley... IMHO they are effectively their own tribute act and having seen them a few times there was no need to go back.

Great that they are still out there doing it though.

I would still love to see them at smaller venue,.. the Apollo in Glasgow in 1982 (which was a warm up for Wembley that year) was amazing.

...oh to see Keef the Human riff one last time !