1. in what constrained?

2. The band wouldn'thave had fully free artistic license with a soundtrack song . The purpose and substance of the song would have been laid out for them withthe band then mmaking a song around that. Beyond Bono's vocals there's not really much else that can be taken from the song to determine what the new album or writing will be like.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

The band wouldn'thave had fully free artistic license with a soundtrack song . The purpose and substance of the song would have been laid out for them withthe band then mmaking a song around that. Beyond Bono's vocals there's not really much else that can be taken from the song to determine what the new album or writing will be like.

i dont' agree at all sorry
    there's plenty of examples of "soundtrack songs" that have free artistic license, even in U2 catalogue
    plus the subject of the movie is not a light one and it wouldn't necessarily need an easy/light song .. if you don't want to ..

(i listened only to that 30 seconds trailer, i don't wanna worsen the impression i had just due to a bad recording )

4. I'd love to think that you're right, and I hope you are, but we still have Get On Your Boots and Stand Up Comedy from the last album which show that regardless of any possible constraints it's still possible for Bono to write utterly shit lyrics. Not saying I don't like the songs etc, but the lyrics aren't for me.

I do think your point is most likely the case instead of Ron's. Yes the band have given songs to other movies etc, but I believe they were under different circumstances. I think the band had songs that were pretty much ready to go a lot of the time (end of world, stay) whereas this song was written purely because the band was asked to do it for the movie 100%.
  5. Until was far from being ready for the album when they was asked for a song by Wenders .. you can take an old demo .. and it's just one example .. Hands, Million Dollar, Hold Me .. just to remain in U2 .. outside? Streets of Philadelphia .. Dead Man Walking .. Into The Wild .. and on and on
    you don't have necessary limits to your inspiration just because it's a song for a movie
    i'm talking in general of course not specifically about this song, which i haven't listened to yet as i said

i could agree with this
    I believe they were under different circumstances
  6. My main point is that we can't definitively say that this song is any indication as to the bands form in respect of the new album.
  7. alright to your main point then hehe
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:My main point is that we can't definitively say that this song is any indication as to the bands form in respect of the new album.

Hope so
  9. Official lyric video is dropping this eve! 5pm GMT on U2.com
  10. Source?
  11. Newsletter from universal..,
    2 hours later premiere on U2 facebook!
  12. I don't see anything. Subscribers only?