1. I like it better than I did yesterday. Which is almost always the case with U2. Still think its pretty dull, but its alright.
    Not really refreshing, which I hope the album will be.
  2. Mmm... thanks for uploading anyway!
  3. If you're ordinary drunk, this song isn't that bad!
  4. I like it!
    But like someone already said, there's no real peak/climax.. I was hoping for a epic guitar solo, oh well.
  5. Originally posted by blink:I like it!
    But like someone already said, there's no real peak/climax.. I was hoping for a epic guitar solo, oh well.

Really? An epic guitar solo wouldn't fit the song, I think. It's like expecting an epic guitar solo during Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World or White As Snow...
  6. hehe true, was half kidding btw

But still, maybe a solo in the vein of EBTTRT or Magnificent?
  7. I'm with Sergio on this one.

Perhaps you're describing something along the lines of the little "break" that's provided by Edge with his ebow on Unforgettable Fire (the song)? It's not really a solo, but it's a prominent guitar section. It's still really hard to tell what that "solo" section really sounds like with the quality that recording is, but I have a feeling it's something like that.
  8. Can't make up my mind until I hear the real studio version...

Btw, where is the whole "stream the song throughout November on U2.com?" They are endlessly unreliable.
  9. The poor song writing we witnessed on the last album has continued here I see. Musically I don't mind the song, but the lyrics make me ill. Ordinary recording of an exceptionally ordinary song by the standards of U2. Hopefully this never sees the light of day live, and I hope the album is different. Bono's songwriting needs to improve.
  10. It is catchy and not too "radio" at the same time. I like it!

Also, I think the lack of Edge's guitar sound is a consequence of the poor recording.

Still waiting for a descent recording to get a full opinion.
  11. I really like it. Very catchy. I think the edge's guitar work won't really shine through until we hear a proper version. I really like Larry's drum work and it sounds like it has been recorded well. I think that's something that has lacked on the last few albums is real "raw" sounding drums.
  12. Originally posted by dylbagz:The poor song writing we witnessed on the last album has continued here I see. Musically I don't mind the song, but the lyrics make me ill. Ordinary recording of an exceptionally ordinary song by the standards of U2. Hopefully this never sees the light of day live, and I hope the album is different. Bono's songwriting needs to improve.

Constrained by the confines of the movie.