1. Sorry for late review, but last week was a little complicated for listening and reviewing, this week looks better :-)

-Welcome To The Monkey House - intro, not bad but not doing good job for next song - I expected quicker harder song

-We Used To Be Friends - catchy, for the first listen, but gets overplayed quickly, bored after few (3) listens

-Plan A - nice chorus, but heard it somewhere. falseto verses are a little plain

-The Dope (Wonderful You) - dancey rhythm, not bad

-I Am A Scientist - Great song, nice electronic background, one of my favorites on this album

-I am over it - similar chorus to Plan A, and that's the problem of this album: in many songs I've got a feeling I've heard that on this album yet

-The Dandy Warhols.... - too short, but not bad

-Insincere Because I - reminds me of Beatles in 1966-68, but after promising start it is the same until the end of the song, so in the end I found it boring.

-You Were The Last High - nice slow song and will probably grow, one of the light moments of the album

-Heavenly - Love the music and chorus, in verses the vocal is the same like on many other album songs

-I Am Sound - like many songs on this album... nice start, but you expect there will be something more... but it isn't

-Hit Rock Bottom - another Beatles feel in this song. Great guitars, I miss more aggressive singing, it could have been great rock track

-You Come In Burned - Great final track, could have been longer and I wouldn't be bored

Sum: Nice choice for first review, not really in love with it after few listens, but definitely will give a chance later.
    It might grow... There are great tracks but there are many songs which start promising and you are (I am) dissapointed at the end. Like sex without the orgasm :-)
    Best songs for me: Scientist, Last High, Rock Bottom and Come In Burned
    So I can't give more than 5/10 for now.

And now for something completely different :-D

dEUS is one of my favourite artists from last year so I'm excited with this choice!
  2. Been very busy with Uni stuff but i'll do a quick review now while i have some spare time.

Overall a very good album, could get into most of the songs.

Top tracks are We Used to Be Friends, I Am the Scientist, You Were the last High and (You Come In) Burned.

You Were the Last High gets my vote for top track, very different from the 1st half of the album.

7.5/10 for me.
  3. I've heard of dEUS through this forum, but I've never listened to them. Looking forward to it.
  4. I had never heard of dEUS before Bart suggested them, so I'm excited to give this one a listen. Possibly later today? We'll see.

Glad Monkey House was, on average, a success!
  5. Very late review

I didn t know the band and it was a nice discovery . Is very smoothly for me . i dont know how to say it exactly but is an album that you can listen full . I don think that have very notorious high points or low points .

Top three tracks:
    1. We Used To Be Friends
    2. The Last High
    3. Scientist

Overall rating: 6 out of 10
  6. With the non-english songs, can we have an example youtube clip please.

If its gangnam style-esq then no thanks but i know your better than that Sergio.
  7. Lol
    I'm not against non english bands, but it will be all about music, not lyrics...
  8. Originally posted by Andrew_C:With the non-english songs, can we have an example youtube clip please.

If its gangnam style-esq then no thanks but i know your better than that Sergio.

hahaa, I wouldn't obviously ask you all to listen to crap music and even more, in a foreign language! I'm not so evil lol

I was thinking of something like...

They're musically fantastic, one of the best if not the best Spanish bands around. Their lyrics are really poetic too, lots of metaphors and figures of speech. I was thinking the member who proposes the album could (if he/she wanted) provide translations so the lyrics could be understood. I'd love to listen to some French/German/whatever music too
  9. Lol, let's not ruin Bart's week

As I've said though, language isn't an issue for me, but if people really want to stick with just English lyrics, then that's fine too.

Edit: How about we just hold a vote, majority stands?
  10. No no no, I don't want to rain on Bart's parade by any means! I just want to have things clear for when my moment comes to choose an album

I'm fine with holding a vote. If we do... 1 vote for non-Eng-albums allowed.

By the way... Giving that dEUS' album my first listen after a lot of time right now!