1. Hmm for me it isn't working at all...
    For me the song refers to stepping (back) in leadership of your life and taking responsibility for it. That's what "somebody stepped inside your soul" means to me. I feel a strong connection to WOWY "and you give yourself away... and you give and you give"

Zombies (somebody stept inside your soul - to plain straightforward for me), violence, bloodshed do no good for the song. The song does good for the series, I can see that. Not sure if it will support the perspective new fans will develop about U2 or the song

Hey and it is publicity!!
  2. They should have used Wake Up Dead Man
  3. Yeah, I couldn't quite grasp the connection between the footage and the song. It's cool that the song has been used though, particularly for such a popular show.
  4. such a good song, such a crappy show
  5. Averages an IMDB score of 8.7/10 from over 400,000 votes, must be doing something right.
  6. I don't know if it has been posted but here's the trailer:

7. Originally posted by iTim:Yeah, I couldn't quite grasp the connection between the footage and the song. It's cool that the song has been used though, particularly for such a popular show.

"you think it's easier to give up on the trouble, if the trouble is destroying you"

"... I have a will for survival..."

Quite obvious.
  8. The song does not fit those images at all.
    Looks out of context
  9. Why ?
    Those lyrics are about going on and on and on in a fight or struggle to survive, even though you're just so tired and sick of it.

And in the end, Rick walks away to "but you're not my troubles anymore".

I don't know why you guys can't see it, it's rather simple.
  10. It's a pretty calmed song, the music does not mix with the violent imagery of the scenes showcased. Lyrics are a different matter
  11. I think it fits.

Also, people may approach The Walking Dead tongue in cheek (as it did start of as a really low budget show), but it has gathered quite a following, so I think it's good publicity.