Comments: First performance of Party Girl in eight years and three days. Last performance of Even Better Than The Real Thing until 30 March 2011. When Bono is snippeting Van Morrison's Gloria at the end of Desire, he inserts some other lyrics that one may initially assume to be U2's Gloria, due to some similarities: "Oh Lord, open my lips/Anything I can, I will do for you/And my mouth shall shout up your praise". However, although the last line does not resemble any in Gloria, the lines do bear a strong similarity to Psalm 51 from the Bible. As the connection to Psalm 51 appears stronger, the snippet is credited to it rather than Gloria. Setlist and comment provided by U2gigs.com.
We would like to know which shows you attended and which shows you are going to attend. On this page you can see which members attended or are going to attend this show. Maybe you can send some of them a private message to meet up or talk about this show.
Welcome to our audio page, on this page you can download lossy (MP3) and sometimes even the lossless (mostly FLAC) audio recordings (also known as bootlegs) of this show. The available recordings are sorted on the type of recording and the quality of the recording.
Help! Which recording should I choose? How do I play this? How can I convert these files to MP3? Answers to all your questions and a lot of general information, we have documented it all on our help and info pages.
We hope you enjoy this recording!
Can we ask you to write a short review after you have listened?.
BOSTON, MA (USA)
JUNE 9, 2001
RECORDED BY MATT PICKETT (R.I.P.)
FROM THE COLLECTION OF SMORES
LINEAGE AUDIENCE DAT MASTER(48KHZ)>DAT CLONE>SONY PCM R-300 DAT>FIBER OPTIC>CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER X-FI HD MODEL #SB1240
WAV (16/48KHZ)>MAGIX AUDIO CLEANING LAB FOR TRACK MARKS AND TAPE CHANGE EDIT WAV 16/48> TLH FLAC (LEVEL 8)
GEAR: AUDIO TECHNICA 803 MICS
THE EDGE GUITAR KEYBOARDS
ADAM CLAYTON BASS
LARRY MULLEN JR. DRUMS
BONO VOCALS HARMONICA
3 Until the End of the World
4 The Fly
5 Even Better Than The Real Thing
6 Mysterious Ways
7 In My Life / Stuck in a Moment
10 New York
11 Out of Control
12 Sunday Bloody Sunday
13 Desire / GLORIA
14 Party Girl
15 Stay (Faraway, So Close)
17 Where the Streets Have No Name
18 Beautiful Day
19 Bullet the Blue Sky
20 With Or Without You
21 One / She's a Mystery to Me
22 Walk On
This show is another from the collection of Smores' who is working to get many old shows transferred and uploaded for others to enjoy.
Some of these shows are seeing the light of day after all of these years- some for the first time since they were taped!
He is currently searching for ANY Warrior Soul, Saigon Kick, Tegan and Sara, Filter, Rose Tattoo, Wildhearts, or Antigone Rising shows.
Also looking for leads to UNCIRCULATED Foo Fighters, UFO or Nine Inch Nails MASTERS. Contact him on DIME if you can help. Thanks
Audio / MP3
Bit rate: 224, bit depth: 16, sample rate: 48000, channels: 2
Venue: Fleet Center, Boston, Massachutsetts
Date: June 9, 2001
Recorded by: daveydave
Location: General Admission (20 feet from the tip of the heart, slightly to the left on The Edge's side)
Recording equipment: Sony MZ-R70 with Core Sound Stealth Cardioids with Low Sensitivity option
Mastered to SHN by the following method:
Minidisc masters > Sony MDS - JE510 > Toslink Digital Optical Cable > Pioneer PDR-609RW > CD-R >
EAC (Secure and tested) > WAV > Soundforge 5.0 > mkw 0.96f > SHN
01. Elevation PA intro / Elevation [5:46]
02. Pride (In The Name Of Love) [4:35]
03. Until the End of the World [5:12]
04. The Fly [6:28]
05. Even Better Than The Real Thing [4:03]
06. Mysterious Ways [6:03]
07. In My Life [0:50]
08. Stuck in a Moment [7:05]
09. Kite [5:34]
10. Gone [5:01]
11. New York [5:50]
12. Out Of Control [5:31]
13. Sunday Bloody Sunday [7:05]
01. Desire [6:39]
02. Party [2:21]
03. Stay (Faraway, So Close) [5:15]
04. Bad [7:25]
05. Where the Streets Have No Name [5:55]
06. Beautiful Day [6:51]
07. Bullet the Blue Sky [7:52]
08. With or Without You [7:25]
09. One [5:20]
10. She's A Mystery To Me [1:20]
11. Walk On [8:29]
- Digital mastering and remastering/editing by: Michael Albuquerque
- Remastering/editing Notes:
Due to a possible short in the taper's mic cables, there were small, periodic gaps of silence at the beginning and end of each of the 3 master minidiscs (caused by moving the MD recorder before and after disc insertion). Edits were performed using Soundforge 5.0 in the following locations:
(1) used fade in during intro on disc 1 to merely eliminate these gaps (as well as most of the PA song "Sgt. Pepper's",
(2) used a loop-type effect near the end of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" to mask a 1 second drop out during a vocal part and faded out the audience after the end of the song,
(3) used a loop-type effect again extensively for the intro of "Desire" which had most of the opening chords missing (thank God for the repetitive chord progression),
(4) used another loop-type effect to mask a ~ 1 second drop out near the end of Beautiful Day, and
(5) eliminated gaps in the crowd noise before the encores.
Enhanced bass and treble, normalized volume levels, and manually reduced volume levels in millisecond increments as necessary to eliminate clipping (i.e., from occasional loud hand claps nearby). Used fade in and out at beginning and end of each CD.
- Band Introductions were not recorded due to changing of the minidiscs.
- Recording Quality: 9.5 out of 10 (One of the best audience recordings ever, especially disc 2!)
- Band Performance: 10 out of 10 (Last night in Boston, U2's home away from home.)
*** Please respect the taper's wishes ***
*** DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3 ***
3. Pride (in The Name Of Love )
4. Until The End Of The World
5. The Fly
6. Even Better Than The Real Thing
7. Mysterious Ways
8. In My Life
9. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Ouf Of
12. New York
13. Out Of Control
14. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. Party Girl
Disc 2 (1:15:08)
1. Stay ( Faraway, So Close ! )
3. Where The Streets Have No Name
4. Beautiful Day
5. Gun Movie
6. Bullet The Blue Sky
7. With Or Without You
9. She's A Mystery To Me
10. Walk On
see also: https://www.discogs.com/U2-Heart-Shaped-Show/release/8246840
Welcome to our photo page, on this page you can view and download high resolution and high quality photos of this show. No low resolution or low quality photos are accepted, you only see the very best of the best. Of course you can also upload your own high resolution and high quality photos easily.
"One of the reason's for U2's longevity is that they are not in music for entirely selfish reasons. I don't want to make them appear as evangelists, which, of course, they were seen as by some sections of the music media in the early 80s, but I do believe that they really think what they do serves some greater purpose than simply filling their bank accounts."
- Brian Eno, 2009
did you know
U2 were first called Feedback when they started out in 1976, in 1977 they changed their name to The Hype and in 1978 they became U2.