1. Thats why I was asking. To my knowledge it's never been played live. I thought I mighta missed something.
  2. The best one I've seen (out of three) is easily EBTTRT. Easily.

But in history? Zoo Station was a pretty sick opener, and COBL is such a beautiful intro that it really worked SO well.

Hated them opening with Miracle until I saw it. It works quite well and is powerful. But by no means their best; probably not even top 5.

1. Zoo Station '92
    2. Real Thing '11
    3. Streets '87
    4. Elevation '01
    5. COBL '05
  3. Originally posted by MattG:The best one I've seen (out of three) is easily EBTTRT. Easily.

But in history? Zoo Station was a pretty sick opener, and COBL is such a beautiful intro that it really worked SO well.

Hated them opening with Miracle until I saw it. It works quite well and is powerful. But by no means their best; probably not even top 5.

1. Zoo Station '92
    2. Real Thing '11
    3. Streets '87
    4. Elevation '01
    5. COBL '05
    Streets was definitely a brilliant opener. With the red backlighting and build as the band took the stage...

Ahh... Memories.
  4. random, but watching this particular moment on the rattle&hum dvd way back in 2003 or something... made me realize that I HAD to see this band live. I officially became a fan when the elevation single hit mtv (I knew who they were before that, but I remember actively stealing atyclb from my dad lol), so I devoured everything I could get my hands on. and watching that... wow, it was like a physical ache inside my chest, thinking I have to see them live, I HAVE to. I remember that so clearly.
  5. Originally posted by flowerchild:[..]
    random, but watching this particular moment on the rattle&hum dvd way back in 2003 or something... made me realize that I HAD to see this band live. I officially became a fan when the elevation single hit mtv (I knew who they were before that, but I remember actively stealing atyclb from my dad lol), so I devoured everything I could get my hands on. and watching that... wow, it was like a physical ache inside my chest, thinking I have to see them live, I HAVE to. I remember that so clearly.
  6. Originally posted by flowerchild:[..]
    random, but watching this particular moment on the rattle&hum dvd way back in 2003 or something... made me realize that I HAD to see this band live. I officially became a fan when the elevation single hit mtv (I knew who they were before that, but I remember actively stealing atyclb from my dad lol), so I devoured everything I could get my hands on. and watching that... wow, it was like a physical ache inside my chest, thinking I have to see them live, I HAVE to. I remember that so clearly.
    That was ZooTV for me. I'd seen R&H on film and had a JT-era bootleg, but NOTHING prepared me for seeing the "new" U2 live.
  7. Originally posted by gener4:[..]
    That was ZooTV for me. I'd seen R&H on film and had a JT-era bootleg, but NOTHING prepared me for seeing the "new" U2 live.
    Nothing prepared any of us for that!

In fact, it took some of my old U2 travelling companions a while to get a grasp of it!
  8. Renewing my love of EBTTRT as an opener by watching Glastonbury '11
  9. OMG... unrelated but Bono adding Independent Women by Destiny's Child during Mysterious Ways .... WTF!?!?!?

10. ...the most stupid boyfriend ever...