1. Hate to be a downer, but most of this 30th Anniversary Edition stuff has been pretty stupid.
  2. Interested in the book. If stand alone, I would pay like 10-15€ for it.
    Ordered the 4cd yesterday, just cancelled it now. Melk another cow for Bono's next hybrid Tesla. I won't pay 100€ for a damn photo book.

Though I would like to see Edge's photographer's skills, I don't think I will look at it more than once. They looked horrible back then! I can't stand any pictures of Bono or Edge from that era, Larry and Adam....well, let's just say, I like the now living copies better.

the whole release is a rip off. We already have the COMPLETE concert, even in an official way, we don't need some half-hearted redone of it. Mixed to death like their live releases are..
    We already have all the rest in like hundred versions.
    Who needs "remixes"? It's just - the same song but we pushed a few buttons to it.

But looking around - it works. People buy it and call me idiot for naming enough reasons why this release sucks.
    Like 5-7 NEVER EVER ANYWHERE BEFORE surfaced tracks would be an argument.........!

For 100 bucks I can buy many other, way more important things (Amazon.de listing price for 4cd box is 99.99€ currently) that can be used for more than just collecting dust on the shelf.

I would maybe spend some cash on a really nice 20 Years of Pop box. But let's just pour TJT over the people again and again and again so we can ignore Pop for the rest of our lives. I will wear Pop Shirts and hats to the TJT shows.

And picture discs DO look terrible.
  3. Originally posted by sparko:Interested in the book. If stand alone, I would pay like 10-15€ for it.
    Ordered the 4cd yesterday, just cancelled it now. Melk another cow for Bono's next hybrid Tesla. I won't pay 100€ for a damn photo book.

Though I would like to see Edge's photographer's skills, I don't think I will look at it more than once. They looked horrible back then! I can't stand any pictures of Bono or Edge from that era, Larry and Adam....well, let's just say, I like the now living copies better.

the whole release is a rip off. We already have the COMPLETE concert, even in an official way, we don't need some half-hearted redone of it. Mixed to death like their live releases are..
    We already have all the rest in like hundred versions.
    Who needs "remixes"? It's just - the same song but we pushed a few buttons to it.

But looking around - it works. People buy it and call me idiot for naming enough reasons why this release sucks.
    Like 5-7 NEVER EVER ANYWHERE BEFORE surfaced tracks would be an argument.........!

For 100 bucks I can buy many other, way more important things (Amazon.de listing price for 4cd box is 99.99€ currently) that can be used for more than just collecting dust on the shelf.

I would maybe spend some cash on a really nice 20 Years of Pop box. But let's just pour TJT over the people again and again and again so we can ignore Pop for the rest of our lives. I will wear Pop Shirts and hats to the TJT shows.

And picture discs DO look terrible.
    I like what you're saying - especially about Pop.

Although I do prefer The Joshua Tree to Pop is is a damn shame that it gets completely ignored. It's a good album - a very good album - with lots of cool tunes. Sure, it's got a few clunkers but there are very few albums out there that don't.

In 1997, the world just wasn't in the mood for a record like Pop from a band like U2. That doesn't mean it's not good music. Heck, it's sounds great 20 years later.
  4. lol, would be cool to wear some "20 years of Pop" T-Shirt during the tour
  5. You can buy a PopMart shirt on the U2.com store.
  6. Would be nice to see in the u2start shop for sure, I'd buy one
  7. I'll get some Pop shirts.