1. Best since SOI!
  2. And that's their worst hehehe
  3. And what is unprecedented in U2 record history is the cross tie with SOI.

not sure what to make of it, but at least I like it for being interesting...
  4. Do you mean how they link?
  5. I only heard it twice before the listening party was taken off line but wow, I really like it. It's early days but I'd say best of the 2000s. Cant wait until Friday.
  6. Zooropa is an awesome EP bundled with some awesome B-sides that together make a great album that sits comfortably in the middle of the table for me.

Pop, I like it enough to say that I really like it, but not enough to say that it's in my top something.

SOI on the other hand is for me the real contender in here.
    Sorry to insist, but SOI and SOE are an excellent match, they complete each other beautifully.
    The difference? For me, SOE doesn't have a Cedarwood or a Wolves, but then SOI doesn't have a Little Things or a Love is Bigger... and because of that, I think SOE will come out on top at the end of the day.

Still, all of this is just based on "first impressions".
  7. Originally posted by Bloodraven:Zooropa is an awesome EP bundled with some awesome B-sides that together make a great album that sits comfortably in the middle of the table for me.

Pop, I like it enough to say that I really like it, but not enough to say that it's in my top something.

SOI on the other hand is for me the real contender in here.
    Sorry to insist, but SOI and SOE are an excellent match, they complete each other beautifully.
    The difference? For me, SOE doesn't have a Cedarwood or a Wolves, but then SOI doesn't have a Little Things or a Love is Bigger... and because of that, I think SOE will come out on top at the end of the day.

Still, all of this is just based on "first impressions".
    Not such a fan of Cedarwood and Wolves. For the me standout tracks on SOI are EBW, Iris, Reach me now, Sleep like a baby. I think SOE is more melodic, and more inspired. Those three songs in the middle lift the whole album up; and the rest has extremely strong moments, too. Still not sure what the weakest tracks might be. Possibly American Soul and 13. And they're both good tracks
  8. Well, I don't know exactly how they link, but it is unprecedented that lyrics and melodies are re-cycled.
    It is obvious the William Blake inspiration. And it is unique in u2 record history.

and I think I like it...
  9. For me it sounds like a good bye album or close to it is certainly there best for many years
  10. Originally posted by JuJuman:[..]
    Not such a fan of Cedarwood and Wolves. For the me standout tracks on SOI are EBW, Iris, Reach me now, Sleep like a baby. I think SOE is more melodic, and more inspired. Those three songs in the middle lift the whole album up; and the rest has extremely strong moments, too. Still not sure what the weakest tracks might be. Possibly American Soul and 13. And they're both good tracks
    I'm not necessarily talking about Cedarwood and Wolves as the highlights of SOI (they are for me, but that wasn't my point)... I'm talking about SOE not having a song that sounds like those two (RFD is the closest, but not really).

On the other hand, you can find stuff in SOE that matches the feeling or vibe of EBW, Iris, SLABT and the rest of the album.

AND you can't find anything close to Little Things in SOI.
  11. It's not as cohesive as Zooropa or Pop, but it's more cohesive than ATYCLB, Bomb, and No Line. It's also better than ATYCLB and Bomb, but not better than No Line. So far, I think it's better than SOI, but they're extremely different albums. I think time will tell which is better.
  12. The beginning half of this album isn't doing it for me, it takes till Red Flag Day for the album to really pick up for me so my early judgment tells me it's not a better album than SOI (which took some time for the ending half of that to grow on me so the same might happen here for the front end!). There are some strong songs on here but the album as a whole doesn't hold up for me.

I might feel comfortable saying it's better than ATYCLB, NLOTH, or HTDAAB though