1. All the other albums from Pop onwards had bright spots but were otherwise mediocre songs -- this one is all bright.
  2. SOE and No Line are close for me. Best Thing - GOO - American Soul is kinda like Crazy - Boots - SUC to me, except that I like Boots and SUC a lot more than the rest.
  3. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    I'm not necessarily talking about Cedarwood and Wolves as the highlights of SOI (they are for me, but that wasn't my point)... I'm talking about SOE not having a song that sounds like those two (RFD is the closest, but not really).

On the other hand, you can find stuff in SOE that matches the feeling or vibe of EBW, Iris, SLABT and the rest of the album.

AND you can't find anything close to Little Things in SOI.

Yes, I get your point and I agree. I like Cedarwood and Wolves, of course, but I find them a little heavy going (yes, RFD is definitely the closest though not really). SOE is in general more melodic and, for me, more uplifting. There's a wider palette, and there's possibly also stronger songs. And SOI really is a great album.
  4. This is the first album since...War that I have heard so much U2 youthfulness...it's magic...

Really, sometimes the harmonies on this album remind me of the first three albums...and Disappearing Act...

So much joy...
  5. Originally posted by BigGiRL:This is the first album since...War that I have heard so much U2 youthfulness...it's magic...

Really, sometimes the harmonies on this album remind me of the first three albums...and Disappearing Act...

So much joy...
    YES!
  6. Super excited about the majority here loving the album. I’m not too old but pretty much confined to a smartphone for my internet browsing nowadays to figure out how to download from weird sights and will just have to wait until it comes up on Apple Music Thursday to see how great it is.

Again very excited to see!!
  7. I remember skipping through my older brother‘s LP‘s in 1990 and was blown away by War and TJT. Then AB came out! Twelve years old! Obsessed!! Couldn‘t believe what I heard ???????

1993: A Little bit lost with Zooropa...
    1997: POP.... Hyped by a few tunes, disappointed by the rest
    2001: Grafton Street, 5th in line at HMV to get One of the first records. Walking home with my Discman in the pouring rain. Thrilled by Elevation, Stuck and Walk on. Disappointed by a few
    2005: Mixed feelings
    2009: Mixed feelings
    2014: Mixed feelings

2017: Honestly, I was really scared before listening ?????.
    Is this it (for me)? Will they give me the chills like 26 years ago?

YEAHHHHHH. Thanks Edge, Adam, Larry and Bono.

Feeling 12 years old again!! (And turned 40 this week, ouch ?) I just Love this band so much
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:Best body of work since Zooropa for me. It depends now whether it continues to work as an entire album or if i start to pick out the bits that I like most. That’s where i have struggled with the last few albums.
  9. I've decided that my favorite song from this album is whatever song I'm listening at the moment.
    True Story.
  10. Originally posted by Christoph001:I remember skipping through my older brother‘s LP‘s in 1990 and was blown away by War and TJT. Then AB came out! Twelve years old! Obsessed!! Couldn‘t believe what I heard ???????

1993: A Little bit lost with Zooropa...
    1997: POP.... Hyped by a few tunes, disappointed by the rest
    2001: Grafton Street, 5th in line at HMV to get One of the first records. Walking home with my Discman in the pouring rain. Thrilled by Elevation, Stuck and Walk on. Disappointed by a few
    2005: Mixed feelings
    2009: Mixed feelings
    2014: Mixed feelings

2017: Honestly, I was really scared before listening ?????.
    Is this it (for me)? Will they give me the chills like 26 years ago?

YEAHHHHHH. Thanks Edge, Adam, Larry and Bono.

Feeling 12 years old again!! (And turned 40 this week, ouch ?) I just Love this band so much
    I love this. Feeling much the same just now ?
  11. This record is freakin' fantastic. Didn't think they had it in them at this stage to put together a group of songs of such emotion and power. The first two tracks alone blow me away.