2018-05-11 - Las Vegas
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 28
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]

Unless I misunderstood the question, the alternatives were:
    Either this Vegas situation with 2 shows with the same 25 songs (2 barely count, but ok) - with one song dropped in the second show-
    OR
    Two 20 songs shows with 6 variations, for a total of 26 songs in those 2 nights. Maybe with different openers and closers.

I really don't know why choosing the second option raises eyebrows. I would feel like I really had my money's worth on those 2 shows.

Also, I don't know why it's controversial to critique the band for that. The show is still great, I'm not saying they should play Pop in its entirety or that they don't have balls.
    All that I'm saying is that playing the same set (or less) in 2 consecutive nights in the same city doesn't seem fair, why is that regarded as being a complainer?
    I already said what's the thing I have a problem with, and I don't think your posts count in there... so no arguments there (also I'm not keeping track of who says what or who complains how much... except for Dylan , that one I know how much he complains, so now I just find him funny).

It's not like either you complain or you think is all perfect.

---

About the question, the options were basically, you have a pool of 25/26 songs.
    option A: you get all 25 songs on both nights (one night you get 1 extra song).
    option B: you get the same 26 songs, but 12 of those songs you'll only get them on one night, not on both of them (20 and 20, instead of 25 and 26).

I just think it's odd, and I wouldn't agree with that, hence my response.
  2. Originally posted by bpt3:It would be interesting to poll the average fan who saw last night’s show and ask them if they felt ripped off.

I'm sure it'll be some complaining, but mostly because they would've wanted a lot more greatest hits in the show. "Well, they only played like 5 songs we knew, and then a lot of stuff nobody cares, you know?"
  3. Oh please dude. Don’t turn this into that bullshit. I know who I think are the better live band / musicians.
  4. Think ? ..there is no comparison....Bruce at 68 plays 4 hour gigs with the senior citizen E street band and destroys all of them lol
  5. Enough of pissing contests.
    This thread is for the Vegas shows and the U2 setlists in those shows.
  6. Well I want to reel in my criticism, I think I’m more concerned with people’s defence of last night than the actual Setlist itself. I’am loving the song selection and the performance was really enjoyable to listen in to. My gripe is actually a relative minor one but the debate has become/became larger than the gripe itself. I’m glad the band are playing to a high standard at the moment, and even though I do hope for rotation in the future I’m happy with what they’re playing just hope the set goes back up to 26 songs per night. I’ll not bring up this issue at future shows and focus on the performance because there’s no point repeating myself if it happens again.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:Well I want to reel in my criticism, I think I’m more concerned with people’s defence of last night than the actual Setlist itself. I’am loving the song selection and the performance was really enjoyable to listen in to. My gripe is actually a relative minor one but the debate has become/became larger than the gripe itself. I’m glad the band are playing to a high standard at the moment, and even though I do hope for rotation in the future I’m happy with what they’re playing just hope the set goes back up to 26 songs per night. I’ll not bring up this issue at future shows and focus on the performance because there’s no point repeating myself if it happens again.
    Yes, I'm tired too. I'll just move on to the LA shows then.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:Well I want to reel in my criticism, I think I’m more concerned with people’s defence of last night than the actual Setlist itself. I’am loving the song selection and the performance was really enjoyable to listen in to. My gripe is actually a relative minor one but the debate has become/became larger than the gripe itself. I’m glad the band are playing to a high standard at the moment, and even though I do hope for rotation in the future I’m happy with what they’re playing just hope the set goes back up to 26 songs per night. I’ll not bring up this issue at future shows and focus on the performance because there’s no point repeating myself if it happens again.
    Nothing wrong with your criticism imo. It’s always done in a tasteful manner and your point was valid.
  9. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    I already said what's the thing I have a problem with, and I don't think your posts count in there... so no arguments there (also I'm not keeping track of who says what or who complains how much... except for Dylan , that one I know how much he complains, so now I just find him funny).

It's not like either you complain or you think is all perfect.

---

About the question, the options were basically, you have a pool of 25/26 songs.
    option A: you get all 25 songs on both nights (one night you get 1 extra song).
    option B: you get the same 26 songs, but 12 of those songs you'll only get them on one night, not on both of them (20 and 20, instead of 25 and 26).

I just think it's odd, and I wouldn't agree with that, hence my response.
    I'd like to suggest you take time to read dylan's profile and reconsider how seriously his opinions should be taken based on the time and money he's invested in this band and what it says about the current state of play that U2 have alienated someone who has twice travelled across the world to see numerous shows. Whether or not you agree with his opinions is up to you but they are certainly not 'funny'.
  10. I don't have an issue if the band decide the play 26 songs one night and only 25 the next while dropping one song from the previous show. I have many bootlegs of different bands where some nights they even say I don't feel like playing this song tonight so they don't it's their prerogative. What would you rather them play a song they didn't feel like playing on the night and ruin it. Every night is a different show whether it's the same setlist or missing one or two songs. So no point going out there to repeat exactly the same show the night before in the same style. As even though night onw in Las Vegas was missing a song I heard it was the better show of the two.

I don't know why you u2 fan a are so fussy or so self entitled compared to fans of other bands as artists like pink or Madonna and many others play nearly the same setlist every single night even when pink does 8 shows in one city and I'm telling you more than 10% but the crowd are going back multiple times some even a dozen times and they don't complain once about the setlist.

I once saw INXS 12 times on the one tour and some of those with three shows in the one City and often they would drop a song that was played the night before and didn't replace it. They might be bored of it or don't want to tire it out so drop it for a show or two. Out of those 12 shows they may have added only one or two songs but each show I have fond memories of because of the way certain songs were played differently or more intensity or more emotion than previous nights.
  11. I appreciate that after our previous disagreements.
  12. I wouldn't actually be surprised if acrobat gets dropped as I heard a lot of fans didn't even know the song when it was played at Tulsa and a few other shows yet then others are saying it's the only reason they want to go see the tour.
    And some who did see it only enjoyed the mcphisto intro to it and not the song. So that song is obviously being played for the Die Hard fans as half the audience but probably never heard it before or don't remember it