2018-05-11 - Las Vegas
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 28
Audio recordings: 2
  1. I think the set list has settled nicely now. Can't wait for the show to brake shore in Europe once the tour is honed and goes up to that level
  2. Besides some bitching about drop 1 song yesterday, I love Las Vegas second show, band was playing very well and to my ears, the show was the best show in tech therms
  3. Originally posted by eddiemonsoon:[..]
    I'd like to suggest you take time to read dylan's profile and reconsider how seriously his opinions should be taken based on the time and money he's invested in this band and what it says about the current state of play that U2 have alienated someone who has twice travelled across the world to see numerous shows. Whether or not you agree with his opinions is up to you but they are certainly not 'funny'.
    I second this. Dylan is certainly no troll. I enjoyed 8 shows with him at msg and he is a real fan who travels great miles to see them. We jumped up like crazies when u2 busted out the shine like stars snippet during night 1!!!
  4. Originally posted by MystifyMe:I don't have an issue if the band decide the play 26 songs one night and only 25 the next while dropping one song from the previous show. I have many bootlegs of different bands where some nights they even say I don't feel like playing this song tonight so they don't it's their prerogative. What would you rather them play a song they didn't feel like playing on the night and ruin it. Every night is a different show whether it's the same setlist or missing one or two songs. So no point going out there to repeat exactly the same show the night before in the same style. As even though night onw in Las Vegas was missing a song I heard it was the better show of the two.

I don't know why you u2 fan a are so fussy or so self entitled compared to fans of other bands as artists like pink or Madonna and many others play nearly the same setlist every single night even when pink does 8 shows in one city and I'm telling you more than 10% but the crowd are going back multiple times some even a dozen times and they don't complain once about the setlist.

I once saw INXS 12 times on the one tour and some of those with three shows in the one City and often they would drop a song that was played the night before and didn't replace it. They might be bored of it or don't want to tire it out so drop it for a show or two. Out of those 12 shows they may have added only one or two songs but each show I have fond memories of because of the way certain songs were played differently or more intensity or more emotion than previous nights.
    You lost me at pink and Madonna. Those are often choreographed with dance routines and lip syncing. Let’s not put u2 in that category .... yet a rock show will always be different than a pop show.
  5. For me, not changing the setlist by at least 3 songs when you play multiple shows in a city is a disgrace and is disrespecting your hardcore fans. The money and organisation involved in going to more than one show is out of love of this band and they can't even have the decency to acknowledge that. This will be the last tour I go to multiple shows and I'm sure thousands of other fans will feel the same.

I don't accept the excuse the songs incorporate the visuals, if that is the case then make parts of the show without visuals !! Simple.

Ie tour had a nice variation , rotating an early slot and the 2 acoustic slots. Plus also different closer in the encore. It is not that difficult to do.

The five shows I saw on ie tour last time, I saw a total of 32 songs and only 21 were the same at all five shows !!!!!!
  6. Originally posted by u2asortofhomecoming:For me, not changing the setlist by at least 3 songs when you play multiple shows in a city is a disgrace and is disrespecting your hardcore fans. The money and organisation involved in going to more than one show is out of love of this band and they can't even have the decency to acknowledge that. This will be the last tour I go to multiple shows and I'm sure thousands of other fans will feel the same.

I don't accept the excuse the songs incorporate the visuals, if that is the case then make parts of the show without visuals !! Simple.

Ie tour had a nice variation , rotating an early slot and the 2 acoustic slots. Plus also different closer in the encore. It is not that difficult to do.

The five shows I saw on ie tour last time, I saw a total of 32 songs and only 21 were the same at all five shows !!!!!!
    Other big bands do it too. My point being that when pink plays Australia she does 52 shows. Most bands do 6 so she plays the same venue 12 nights and multiple fans see nearly all those shows and ones in other states and never complain about the lack of songs being added.
  7. Lots of rock bands don't alter their setlist for multiple shows in one city. As I said I saw Inxs a dozen times on one tour and some nights they dropped a song from the previous night. Didn't see fans up in arms over it and just enjoyed the show they saw. Went back again the next night knowing most likely be the same songs yet enjoyed it even more more often then not.
  8. Originally posted by MystifyMe:Lots of rock bands don't alter their setlist for multiple shows in one city. As I said I saw Inxs a dozen times on one tour and some nights they dropped a song from the previous night. Didn't see fans up in arms over it and just enjoyed the show they saw. Went back again the next night knowing most likely be the same songs yet enjoyed it even more more often then not.
    I mean that was a different time with a different band. There are so many things that have changed since you saw INXS as you know such as forums like these. People who are diehards will analyze every aspect of the band. Also U2 has the ability to play their whole catalog and they barely scrape the surface for the exception of Acrobat this tour.
  9. A 25 song set and 135 minutes is still a good, tasty length : remember that some shows on Leg 1 of Zoo TV (Florida, and Boston, for example) were just 99 minutes.
  10. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    I mean that was a different time with a different band. There are so many things that have changed since you saw INXS as you know such as forums like these. People who are diehards will analyze every aspect of the band. Also U2 has the ability to play their whole catalog and they barely scrape the surface for the exception of Acrobat this tour.
    I'm talking after hutch died. There with JD fortune. Were websites and forums then also. Was like 10 years ago. Lots of of bands to this day still don't do multiple setlist for different cities
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:Well I want to reel in my criticism, I think I’m more concerned with people’s defence of last night than the actual Setlist itself. I’am loving the song selection and the performance was really enjoyable to listen in to. My gripe is actually a relative minor one but the debate has become/became larger than the gripe itself. I’m glad the band are playing to a high standard at the moment, and even though I do hope for rotation in the future I’m happy with what they’re playing just hope the set goes back up to 26 songs per night. I’ll not bring up this issue at future shows and focus on the performance because there’s no point repeating myself if it happens again.

25 or 26, it doesn't make a big difference in the end... unless you're 1000+ km's, typing on your keyboard.....