2018-06-05 - Montreal
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
  1. No yelling at Dallas on mic though, eh?
  2. sting's been half arsing it since 1991

3. oh dear god I just heard it that is beyond horrific

4. yeahhhhh that was rough
  5. Originally posted by jennagirl:Did anyone listening in to night 1 and 2 notice UTEOTW seemed off at the beginning? It didn't seem to have the same power and Edge was really hard to hear. Probably the only song that disappointed the last 2 nights.

SBS was weak and faint both nights.Really weak with weird pauses.
  6. SATS has a whole new meaning for me after Montreal. Bono really explained the meaning and it makes sense to me. What a revelation for me. He really forgot the words last night.
  7. Originally posted by miryclay:SATS has a whole new meaning for me after Montreal. Bono really explained the meaning and it makes sense to me. What a revelation for me. He really forgot the words last night.
    "willful blindness"?
  8. Originally posted by miryclay:SATS has a whole new meaning for me after Montreal. Bono really explained the meaning and it makes sense to me. What a revelation for me. He really forgot the words last night.
    Haha, for the first night he said "I don't remember writing this song..I think it kind of wrote itself"

At which point I said to my friend "probably because they were coked out in 1996 when they "wrote" it"

And he replied "Haha yeah.."It wrote itself""

Hahaha
  9. My 16 year old daughter which whom it was her first ever show commented about the tempo as well. She was totally expecting a full fledged rocker, and even though it was neat on the stage, she was a tad disappointed in it. I have to agree that I didn't love the acoustic version of YTBTAM either...I love the hard drums right after "I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy" and it lacked the oomph to get the whole crowd rocking.
  10. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]

This whole “been a fan since” and “my first live show” shtick has got to go. It comes off as a pissing contest to measure “how long” you’ve been a fan and people use it as a crutch to support their opinions about how terrible the band is now.

The fact that you are on a very dedicated U2 fan forum 18 years since you’ve been “sad” at the band is a bit laughable. You must be a sucker for punishment. Almost 20 years and 5 albums I’d have certainly given up by now.

To me that means you aren’t a fan of this band. You are a fan of a certain era or sound they explored (seemingly in the 90’s) and that is totally fine!

It is probably best that you give up on them since I can’t imagine spending 18 years being sad at an artist.

Let the rest of us enjoy.