2018-08-31 - Berlin
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Liedjes gespeeld: 25
Audio opnames: 2
Video's: 1
  1. It would be great if the EI DVD didn't have any duplication from Paris 15 but it's going to take some judiciously good editing. This will detract from continuity. Both Berlin & Washington seem like iconic enough U2 cities. However, if a mix DVD is what it will be then it's not really going to be representive of the tour. The tour was practically photocopied in June. I hope they have one full European show and maybe six bonus tracks from Washington.
  2. Pride, IWF, One, Cobl BD are all stickers for this 'no duplication' dream. I say this idea burns harder than the idea of doing one night Innocence and one night Experience. Could it be that U2 will add one more Berlin show just to make sure? I'm sure the demand is there.
  3. Sorry, Zoo Station and Stay are great songs but don't belong on an Experience DVD. Even if thematically they both have a home in Berlin.
  4. Originally posted by miryclay:Sorry, Zoo Station and Stay are great songs but don't belong on an Experience DVD. Even if thematically they both have a home in Berlin.
    For me Zoo Station = experience.
  5. I think they should include or even close with the Wanderer. Its definately a song of experience. Looking for something beyond. Paradise? Innocence? Interestingly, its also a song of ascent (to me). Might not happen though...
  6. Gone ..... classic song of experience ....
  7. Actually, The Wanderer is the ultimate SOE.
    I see where some fans are going with a U2 Live in Berlin: SOE & AB mashup but Im not sure if I'm down with it. Part of me wants U2 to hold off on dipping into AB songs right now.
  8. There are 17 songs from AB/ZOOROPA/SOE that have been played live this tour.
  9. Are people really anxious that Berlin will be the last U2 show?

I can't see them being back on the road for years [ judging by Sunday Times article - indeed there is a sense that there is a lack of clarity as regards what U2 are moving forward - with Bono indicating he appreciates others {Larry? } may want to get off the U2 merry go round and Larry certainly saying that a long break for band and audience is in order - which links in with my market over-saturation assessment of US market ] and I think that the era of long tours has gone.

Was the new Live Nation contract signed ?
    As an aside I think the band miss Paul McG

If they are to be a going concern would have thought the Metallica touring model might appeal [ no more than 50 shows in a year ] normally split over two cycles of 25 shows ]

I think the last few years have been unkind to Bono & this last 4 year cycle has seen the band play circa 200 shows & release two new recordings - I think the USA market has been over-saturated & I think they would have been wise to play Australia / NZ - I think a 30th AB Stadium Tour is not implausible as a comeback event - given we are in the era of Trump / Brexit and the absence of truth..... 16 shows in the USA - 16 in Europe & effectively farewell shows in NZ / Australia ?
  10. There is always a possibility of this being the last show due to age and unforeseen tragedy.