Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Części (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Koncerty: 15
  1. With my wife we ​​will come specially from France for U2. We had planned to attend 4 concerts: Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Sydney (22nd). Unfortunately and after a furious all-white night my 3 cb was rejected by ticketec; No problem with ticket master yet: I could have 2 RZ for Melbourne but impossible for the rest. Could someone offer me places for these 3 other dates? In return I already have 2 additional places and in exchange for Melbourne the 15: 2 tickets "or" lower level 38. I also have a code access red hill group, I could take 4 places to choose also to exchange for 3 other cities. Can someone help me, we are desperate! To résume we need 2 tickets for Adelaide + Brisbane + Sydney 22

2. I'll cross-post this here, as it's kinda relevant to other venues, not just the SCG. As it gives people some idea of how the ticket prices are distibuted.

EDIT: Edited on 13th June, to include more pricing data. Finally some $60 seats!

The location of the sound/video booths is a bit of a worry. I'd presume there is two & they are located where shown on the Perth map. In this case I'd expect sections 18 & 25 to be the best Category 3 seats, & section 318 to be the best Category 5 seats (if they are indeed Cat 5). Lower level seats aren't as effected by the relay towers, as the equivalent higher level seats. This is because the trusses aren't as obstructive as the speakers that sit atop them.

I've been having a play on the Live Nation presale too. Not purchasing tickets today, just getting an idea how the seat pricing works. Specifically for the SCG, though I guess this information can be used as a guide elsewhere.

Hopefully this map can help people out in the general sales, & all the sales for the section concert.

If anyone wants to help out, CAN YOU SEND ME INFORMATION ABOUT TICKETS YOU'VE PURCHASE. Just the COST, the SECTION, & the ROW. PM is probably best.

What else have I learn?

It looks like there will be 2 sound/video booths this tour. They are not penises The only seat map I've seen that displays the sound booths & relay towers is the Perth (Optus stadium) map. The seat pricing map I've produced supports this as Bays 13-15 and 27-27 have not been sold (limited view) ticket haven't been sold yet. Obviously these have just been plonked on this may, so they aren't accurate. Especially the relay towers.

The VIP Party Experience looks like it will be held in the Steve Waugh Room. A corporate event function room located in the Victor Trumper stand. I assume this is correct, as the section is labelled as WAUGH.

VIP Gold Hot Seats are located in the front of the Bill O'Reilly stand, in sections 5 & 6.

VIP Silver Hot Seats are located in the front of the Brewongle Stand, in section 4.

Looks like the allocation of GA's is finally exhausted. Took 8 hours to sell out. Brisbane & Adelaide still have them. You can buy 4 in each city!

3. I picked up Cat 3 tickets in Bay 15 yesterday from Live Nation and there was no mention to any sight restriction. I'll be pissed if there is some obstruction. In this day and age, with computer aided design, it shouldn't take much effort to identify potential impacts.
  4. GA doesn't look fun on these cricket grounds .
    Neither do the seats . Take your binoculars
  5. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I picked up Cat 3 tickets in Bay 15 yesterday from Live Nation and there was no mention to any sight restriction. I'll be pissed if there is some obstruction. In this day and age, with computer aided design, it shouldn't take much effort to identify potential impacts.
    As there is no mention of it, & the sound booths weren't shown on the Sydney map, I think you'd have a good case if the sound booths do block your view.

If it does turn out that there is going to be two booths I'd recommend arriving early. If you're not happy with your seat, visit customer service, & see if they'll change seats for you at no cost.

This happened quite a bit on the arena tours. Where people had end of stage seats with no view of the screen (but no sight restrictions listed on their ticket). They were moved from their quite cheap ($100) seats to some of the best seats in the house ($300), at no charge!

Seats are sometimes kept for this very reason. Of course it's also very dependent on how well the show has sold.
  6. So what is peoples view on how well the presales are doing? It looks like there are basically a lot of tickets everywhere which I am guessing would point to low demand? I mean the Live Nation presale is basically an on-sale given that all you have to do is sign up?
  7. There’s possibly a lot of people who aren’t aware of the livenation presale, most people who aren’t the type to look of fan sites etc will just see the general sale date advertised and go with that. Still I’d say having so many tickets left in the presales isn’t a good thing but let’s wait and see.
  8. Can still pick up 4 GA's for Brisbane, which is a bit of a worry At least Sydney GA's are sold out.

But you're right, most people won't know about the presale (& we don't know the size of the presale allocation for these very large fields).

So it will be very interesting to see how the general sale goes. I hope it goes very well. I want U2 to return in the future!
  9. Yep can still pick up 4X GA's for Auckland. I imagine the shows will sell and be full by concert time...but, will we see second shows everywhere...on this it looks potentially doubtful.
  10. So many big concerts coming up in the next year - Metallica, Elton John, Queen, Fleetwood Mac...most announced months ago. I think the demand is still there, but it'll be slow.