Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Thanks for the summary. I would worry big time if I didn't have my tickets 72h before the gig but I'm sure it'll work out just fine
    I used will call method many times and it worked fine... so picked up tickets at the day of the show - and was nervous just for the first time.
    But maybe you're right it's weird waiting for text and keeping in mind have phone charged and staying on signal...
  2. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    I used will call method many times and it worked fine... so picked up tickets at the day of the show - and was nervous just for the first time.
    But maybe you're right it's weird waiting for text and keeping in mind have phone charged and staying on signal...
    Yeah, picking up tickets is no problem because it depends on you. The problem comes when it doesn't depend on you but on some automated system that has to send dozens of thousands of tickets for each concert to each attendee.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah, picking up tickets is no problem because it depends on you. The problem comes when it doesn't depend on you but on some automated system that has to send dozens of thousands of tickets for each concert to each attendee.
    Most tickets are already sent by text message, its just the link will only work 3 days in advance. Its similar to how you would access e-tickets from your My Ticketmaster. No worries.
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Most tickets are already sent by text message, its just the link will only work 3 days in advance. Its similar to how you would access e-tickets from your My Ticketmaster. No worries.
    Can anyone access that link in the 72 hour timeframe prior to the gig? If that's the case it's a useless system to prevent ticket reselling (which I'm guessing is the reason to do it in the first place!).
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Can anyone access that link in the 72 hour timeframe prior to the gig? If that's the case it's a useless system to prevent ticket reselling (which I'm guessing is the reason to do it in the first place!).
    Yep.

UNLESS, and this is what they do in the US with the "new" mobile tickets. Your ticket is something that you can only access in your Ticketmaster app and refreshes itself every 15 seconds. So you can't really forward it.

6. I see the usual bottom-feeders are touting they have tickets for sale already.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Yep.

UNLESS, and this is what they do in the US with the "new" mobile tickets. Your ticket is something that you can only access in your Ticketmaster app and refreshes itself every 15 seconds. So you can't really forward it.
    Now THAT is a valid system to fight touts. If it auto refreshes then it means that the validation turnstiles & scanning machines have to be updating the list of valid tickets as well Either that or your ticket is refreshed but withdrawn from a "gallery/array" of tickets valid and kind of "associated" to your own. Either way it's a cool system, I like it.
  8. For the E&I show in Vegas they had a flash seat app, where the ticket refreshed every 30 secs or so.

Good idea to fight touts, but was a complete pain if you were from outside of the area. As you had to have a network connection constantly.
  9. Wow!! So we were wondering how the general sale would go!? Auckland just practically sold out in 4 minutes!
  10. So much for the naysayers. Now just have to wait for show 2 to be announced.