2019-12-04 - Saitama
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 4
Videos: 1
  1. But so is Australia, even more expensive than Japan these days.

So it's more than just that. As Remy says.

Doing a bit of research before the shows I expected tickets in Japan to be a bit more expensive than Australia, but not much. I was pretty shocked by the price of GA's! It's forced me to re-evaluate, & only go to one Japan show. Conversely, I was pleasantly surprised by the price of GA in Oz, where they hadn't increased too much since 2010.

It's the price of the floor that's the real difference. High floor prices are common with many artists, but this is very unusual for U2 (excluding RZ).

Here's a comparison of Japan to the SCG (Sydney).

Other than the very cheap nosebleeds & obstructed seats in Sydney (42 USD), seats are quite comparable.

For Japan they are priced at 155 USD, 183 USD & 359 USD.

Compared to Sydney's 135 USD, 185 USD, 257 USD.

Sydney also has the more expensive VIP tickets, for 321 USD & 392 USD, & the VIP party, for 577 USD! I don't think these are available in Japan.

As I said, it's the floor that is the real difference.

Red Zone is 555 USD in Japan, while they are 356 USD in Sydney.

GA tickets are double the price in Japan! 183 USD in Japan, 91 USD in Sydney.

So price-wise, Japan is not the place to see the show from the floor! Much better to do that in Australia.

I'm used to my cheap GA's being supplemented by the expensive seats, VIP packages, & the very expensive VIP party. This isn't the case in Japan, so those of us on the floor are being stung with higher prices.

As Remy says, venue size will make I big difference too. Not just the number of seats, but the numbers of people in GA. The floor size in Saitama will be very small for this tour. Field sizes of most of the venues in Australia are huge. Upwards of 16,000sqm which is over 1.5 times the size of a football field, 10 times the size of an average arena floor!
  2. Hi! I was able to purchase front GAs during the Red Hill Presale-- it was super easy! However, the charges for the 2 tickets are still listed as "Pending" on my credit card.

I'm wondering if anyone else still has their GA ticket purchase pending on their credit cards? Trying not to worry about this... Thanks!!
  3. Originally posted by u2fannyc:Hi! I was able to purchase front GAs during the Red Hill Presale-- it was super easy! However, the charges for the 2 tickets are still listed as "Pending" on my credit card.

I'm wondering if anyone else still has their GA ticket purchase pending on their credit cards? Trying not to worry about this... Thanks!!
    Same. But that’s the process. You apply for tickets and later get a confirmation whether your order has been fulfilled.
  4. Remy ,are you sure?

I think it has to do with the bank and not the pre-sale system
    It usually takes some days for a transaction to appear in online system of a bank
    Since we have our confirmation code , I think we are safe
  5. Originally posted by panasol:Remy ,are you sure?

I think it has to do with the bank and not the pre-sale system
    It usually takes some days for a transaction to appear in online system of a bank
    Since we have our confirmation code , I think we are safe
    This is how it was communicated beforehand, and how general things work in Japan. You make an application, and then a few days later your order is fulfilled.

The mail looks like its all set and done though so I think indeed that we are safe.
  6. I'll wait till I see a full charge of my card before I book flights and hotel etc..

thanx
  7. Guys the pending thing is normal for credit cards.

With my American Express cards, all transactions are listed as “pending” first, for days in fact.
  8. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Guys the pending thing is normal for credit cards.

With my American Express cards, all transactions are listed as “pending” first, for days in fact.
    All my other transactions from Ticketmaster and Ticketek are not pending.
  9. Does the confirmation email not say as the opening line

Thank you for purchasing tickets for "U2".

And nothing about a lottery or processing? All it says is that there's no cancellation and you have to pick up from 7/11
  10. Originally posted by dylbagz:Does the confirmation email not say as the opening line

Thank you for purchasing tickets for "U2".

And nothing about a lottery or processing? All it says is that there's no cancellation and you have to pick up from 7/11
    Correct, which looks like its all good.
  11. Ah yeah I didn't realise you were clarifying the same thing in your post. Although I did try log in using the order number and dob and it didn't log me in
  12. The order history thing works for me