2019-12-15 - Mumbai
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. I think the earliest we could have a new album out is the end of 2021 to tour in 2022.
  2. Don't know about that the band might have the itch after coming off tour to get one out in 2020 ,I reckon they will be eager to move on from TJT nostalgia tour and get back into the studio the last 2 albums were essentially recorded in 2013/14 with SOE just getting polished up and tweaked in 2017 .
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Don't know about that the band might have the itch after coming off tour to get one out in 2020 ,I reckon they will be eager to move on from TJT nostalgia tour and get back into the studio the last 2 albums were essentially recorded in 2013/14 with SOE just getting polished up and tweaked in 2017 .
    SOE was recorded in 2015 and 2016 with tweaking in 2017. The lack of Dangermouse in the credits attests to this. The majority of the songs were probably originally started in 2013-2014, but restarted from scratch in 2015.
  4. What a slow, what a tour, what a great place to end !
  5. Originally posted by KenL:[..]
    SOE was recorded in 2015 and 2016 with tweaking in 2017. The lack of Dangermouse in the credits attests to this. The majority of the songs were probably originally started in 2013-2014, but restarted from scratch in 2015.
    Yeah but they had the majority of SOE ready when SOI came out Bono said that they had been working on 3 albums at the time, It was supposed to come out in 2016 but they delayed it because of Bono's health problems so I'd say they are eager to get going on the next one.
  6. We know U2 are already at work on a new album, but have no idea how far into it they are. They could potentially finish it in the next year, but its release is dictated by when they next want to start a major tour. If they don’t want to tour until 2022, then they will take their time recording and a new album wouldn’t appear before fall 2021.

They may have enjoyed this year’s tour so much that they may want to be back out in 2021, which would move up the timetable for a new album.
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Yeah but they had the majority of SOE ready when SOI came out Bono said that they had been working on 3 albums at the time, It was supposed to come out in 2016 but they delayed it because of Bono's health problems so I'd say they are eager to get going on the next one.
    Yes, they supposedly had the majority ready, but apparently rerecorded most, if not all of it, from 2015-2017. They recorded a lot of in during the IE tour, then spent most of 2016 recording more, then added more in 2017 after deciding around August-September 2016 that they weren’t ready to meet their deadline.
  8. It's too much for me to handle, sorry!