1. Originally posted by podiumboy:I feel like Larry has somewhat entered a state of semi-retirement. I doubt he is very involved in the songwriting / music-making at this point. I think he is at this point a well-paid employee. Part of U2's appeal is that it's still the 4 of them, after 40 years. He doesn't do interviews, and only the most essential of promo appearances (SNL, Fallon, Kimmel, etc). Bono and Edge write the songs, and come up with the main vision for the band. He comes in and plays his parts, appears in the band photos/videos, and plays the concerts. The income from touring is the main appeal from him.

I don't doubt that he still values his friendships with Bono, Edge, Adam and their staff, and I'm sure he's quite proud of U2's legacy, past and present. But I think that if the money weren't so good, he'd be gone.
    He played drums on 9/12 tracks on Alice Cooper's new album.
    I think he is busy doing things he enjoys doing.
  2. At 60 years old and having earned what they've earned and done what they've done, they have a right to do whatever they want. They don't owe anyone anything, except for what they're contractually obligated to do, of course 🤣 and Adam, being a relatively new dad and husband, must be thinking about family time and what matters in his world. But from all indications/recent interviews, they still sound like the creative juices are flowing. For that I'm thankful, but if they wanted to hang it up I would not begrudge them at all.
  3. Not really ‘what’s next’ but my thoughts have been turning a lot lately to releases as opposed to tours. I mentioned AB30 recently but I think there’s a good few others that could be released within the next few years hopefully along side a new album and a dvd of a new tour show. There’s a real lack of an UF tour show on cd or dvd, every other tour has had some sort of live release whether it be commercially, digitally or through the fanclub except I think October but that had a good few live performances on the deluxe release a while back. Anyway here’s a sort of timeline of what I think they could do

2021 - AB30 boxset, maybe Heartland documentary at some point
    2022- pop25 boxset
    Late 2022/2023 - new album
    2024 - HTDAAB20 boxset, TUF40 live show released via fanclub

I think they would do a tour in 2023 but based on E&I Berlin and JT2017 Mexico we might not get that release until 2025. Just a bit of a wish list but I don’t think it’s far fetched as a prediction as well. I know some people might say they won’t do a pop Boxset but the 20th anniversary just didn’t work out with TJT tour happening that year. I think there will be a window of opportunity this time.
  4. I'll just say that I think the band just takes a break, they've been touring for years, even leaving us albums, they deserve it after all. Although, they can get a song out, but you realize they don't want to.
  5. The quote from Adam just posted on the U2Start FB page has my interest piqued. Where is the quote from?
  6. His interview with Forbes. IIRC.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:Not really ‘what’s next’ but my thoughts have been turning a lot lately to releases as opposed to tours. I mentioned AB30 recently but I think there’s a good few others that could be released within the next few years hopefully along side a new album and a dvd of a new tour show. There’s a real lack of an UF tour show on cd or dvd, every other tour has had some sort of live release whether it be commercially, digitally or through the fanclub except I think October but that had a good few live performances on the deluxe release a while back. Anyway here’s a sort of timeline of what I think they could do

2021 - AB30 boxset, maybe Heartland documentary at some point
    2022- pop25 boxset
    Late 2022/2023 - new album
    2024 - HTDAAB20 boxset, TUF40 live show released via fanclub

I think they would do a tour in 2023 but based on E&I Berlin and JT2017 Mexico we might not get that release until 2025. Just a bit of a wish list but I don’t think it’s far fetched as a prediction as well. I know some people might say they won’t do a pop Boxset but the 20th anniversary just didn’t work out with TJT tour happening that year. I think there will be a window of opportunity this time.

Man, if we have waited this long for a show from TUF tour and they decide on this one, it better NOT be the edited Dortmund show!!!
  8. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

Man, if we have waited this long for a show from TUF tour and they decide on this one, it better NOT be the edited Dortmund show!!!
    I’d be more than happy with the full Dortmund show. It would make sense if they did do an anniversary release to give us the full show especially when you consider they left off a couple of songs from the album on the broadcast.
  9. I can't believe no one has a clue when we will get to see Heartland or the official release of a full JT17 or JT19 show.
  10. I assume everything has just been pushed back indefinitely. The release and whatever would come with it.
  11. U2 should unleash a large catalog to nugs...just sayin