1. Maybe AB30 will happen in late 2021 with a Zoo TV anniversary tour in 2022 and they'll play a new song a la Little Things. But then again, some of their 2011 setlists (like Glastonbury and the June 18 show in Anaheim that opened with a bunch of AB songs) were clearly meant to be a sort of throwback to the Zoo TV era. So maybe they'll think they already did enough anniversary touring for AB to go along with the 20th anniversary box set and From The Sky Down. Who knows?
  2. Don't forget the Experience tour where they ditched the Innocence suite around Hamburg and really got into the AB stuff. They have basically gone back to the 91 material at least two or three times.

I think JT30 edition only happened because of the Super 17 stadia tour. I don't think it would have happened otherwise. Personally, l would much prefer a newer themed tour but you mathematical historian non-creative types keep pushing for it.
  3. The only ppl who are worse than those pushing for AB30 are the Dortmund 84 upgrade holdouts.
  4. If they put out an album with good new material I am fine with a tour showcasing the new songs...If the new stuff isn't good, and I mean at least HDTAAB good, than give me AB 21/22/23 every day all day!
  5. Originally posted by miryclay:Don't forget the Experience tour where they ditched the Innocence suite around Hamburg and really got into the AB stuff. They have basically gone back to the 91 material at least two or three times.

I think JT30 edition only happened because of the Super 17 stadia tour. I don't think it would have happened otherwise. Personally, l would much prefer a newer themed tour but you mathematical historian non-creative types keep pushing for it.
    Exactly. Zoo TV was a moment in time, to repeat it would ruin it's legacy. An anniversary tour would become stale as JT30 sadly proved, especially on the 2019 leg as much I liked to hear the older material again the rigid choreography of them shows suffocated momentum.
  6. Totally agree ruining the zoo legacy. However, I would rather hear AB straight through than TJT straight through any day of thr week.
  7. Originally posted by LostSailor:If they put out an album with good new material I am fine with a tour showcasing the new songs...If the new stuff isn't good, and I mean at least HDTAAB good, than give me AB 21/22/23 every day all day!
    *HTDAAB good
  8. Originally posted by LostSailor:Totally agree ruining the zoo legacy. However, I would rather hear AB straight through than TJT straight through any day of thr week.
    Agreed on that one.
  9. I’m with you MC on preferring a tour based around a new album being next but if there are to be any further retrospective tours then my dream event would be a tour with all of the content taken from the first three albums only. While at least six of the songs get a regular run (IWF, OOC, E-Co, Gloria, NYD & SBS), there’s still plenty of other fan favourites and deep cuts to create a set list. Many fans didn’t get to witness the band in this era so it would be a new experience. The trick would be to recapture that raw and unsophisticated sound.
  10. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I’m with you MC on preferring a tour based around a new album being next but if there are to be any further retrospective tours then my dream event would be a tour with all of the content taken from the first three albums only. While at least six of the songs get a regular run (IWF, OOC, E-Co, Gloria, NYD & SBS), there’s still plenty of other fan favourites and deep cuts to create a set list. Many fans didn’t get to witness the band in this era so it would be a new experience. The trick would be to recapture that raw and unsophisticated sound.
    That would be in a club l think. U2 are very aware of the 'club' tunes and the 'Big Music'.
  11. Playing older material for younger fans is a great idea. Heck, l never even saw JT in 87. Half of this forum wasn't even around during the 20C.