1. Bloody hell Sergio. I didn’t think it would have impacted you as badly as it has. Just goes to show that even people at our age can get it bad. I’m really not great with needles so you having to inject yourself I can imagine how difficult that will be. Good to hear you’re getting better now though, wishing you a speedy recovery.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:
    Hey there U2start family Checking in.

The situation got a bit worrying on Saturday morning with two very high fever spikes (>39ºC, 103F) and I rang 911 who told me to drop by the hospital to do some tests and see what was going on. They detected some pneumonia in my left lung and also some pleural swelling, nothing too worrying or dangerous but definitely something to take good care of before it evolved any further, so I was hospitalized for the rest of the Saturday and half of Sunday, when they thought it was ok to release me. Now I am "home-hospitalized" with the medics calling every few hours, an oximeter to measure the O2 saturation and more drugs than Keith Richards can ever dream of The worst part of it is that I have to inject myself some heparin in my belly, and it's a big bother (even if it's a small needle!). I guess one gets used to this, and I know many people do this for a living with heparin, insulin and others, but for me it's a first and it's really hard to take.

But I'm better, thankfully! The most dangerous phase seems to have gone and I hope to get over and done with this shit before this week ends.

Thank you all very much for your kind words. Having so much support from literally every corner of the world means a lot to me. Love you all

PS. Pics or didn't happen, right?

[image]

Glad that the worst of it appears to be over but so sorry that you had to go through that.

Take it easy recovering. And play lots of U2 while at it!
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:Bloody hell Sergio. I didn’t think it would have impacted you as badly as it has. Just goes to show that even people at our age can get it bad. I’m really not great with needles so you having to inject yourself I can imagine how difficult that will be. Good to hear you’re getting better now though, wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Same here... glad things are looking up though!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:

The situation got a bit worrying on Saturday morning with two very high fever spikes (>39ºC, 103F) and I rang 911 who told me to drop by the hospital to do some tests and see what was going on. They detected some pneumonia in my left lung and also some pleural swelling, nothing too worrying or dangerous but definitely something to take good care of before it evolved any further, so I was hospitalized for the rest of the Saturday and half of Sunday, when they thought it was ok to release me. Now I am "home-hospitalized" with the medics calling every few hours, an oximeter to measure the O2 saturation and more drugs than Keith Richards can ever dream of The worst part of it is that I have to inject myself some heparin in my belly, and it's a big bother (even if it's a small needle!). I guess one gets used to this, and I know many people do this for a living with heparin, insulin and others, but for me it's a first and it's really hard to take.

But I'm better, thankfully! The most dangerous phase seems to have gone and I hope to get over and done with this shit before this week ends.

Thank you all very much for your kind words. Having so much support from literally every corner of the world means a lot to me. Love you all

[image]

Get well soon and take good care of yourself my friend! Kick Covids ass!
  5. Sending all positive thoughts and prayers Sergio, get well soon mate 😃
  6. My wife works in public health and for a year now, she's dealing with the pandemic, so I get a lot of validated and useful Information from her.

She once said, that if you think about calling 911 - call 911. Medics and medication can help.
    So I'm glad you called 911 and got help. Sounds like you're getting a good treatment and I hope you will get better soon. Stay strong.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:

[image]

Hang in there, man. I've transported people who made it through Covid, and those who didn't- I'm glad it's sounding like the worst is over. Having to inject yourself under any circumstances sucks and is hard, but I'm glad they have you on the Heparin. Hang in there, you have people around the world pulling for you 🙏🍷
  8. Get well Sergio! Sounds like you've gotten good care. Hang on and you'll beat this soon! Well wishes from Sweden too
  9. Glad to hear you're back home. Take care of yourself. Love the shirt.
  10. Thanks all I'm definitely on the path of recovery, I'm feeling much better now, I haven't had any fever for almost 24h (after a week consistently over 38ºC) and also I got back my taste, smell and energy, so definitely improving. After shooting heparin 3 times into my belly it's almost becoming bearable too, so it's all good. Thanks a lot to everyone sending good vibes Love you all.

I'm thankful and lucky to live in a country with such a great public & universal healthcare coverage. I can only imagine how devastating it must be to leave the hospital after a treatment or a stay and being asked to take your credit card out. No thanks.
  11. Sergio sending you positive wishes for a speedy recovery.