1. Blackout and Love Is All We Have Left in top 3 are really nice surprises
  2. You guys are just lucky I got here late and only voted once - otherwise The Showman would've stayed afloat a lot longer.
  3. Am I the only one who thinks Red Flag Day deserved the top 5?

(Apparently, yes )

Anyway, my top 5 would be (tryin' to consider studio versions, not live improvements):

1. Red Flag Day
    2. Landlady
    3. The Showman (Litlle More Better)
    4. The Little Things That Give You Away (as I said, talking about studio version)
    5. The Blackout
  4. In the case of RFD it's live worsening I was SO disappointed with it in 2018, I loved the song in studio but live it was completely plain and unexciting.
  5. Originally posted by iTim:Top 5 ranking:
    1. The Little Things That Give You Away
    2. Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way
    3. The Blackout
    4. Summer of Love
    5. Love Is All We Have Left

Hard to argue with it, although LoH and RFD are two of my favourites as well. Such a strong LP.
  6. I think if SoL wasn't performed live in 2018 it wouldn't have made the top 5. The live performances gave it a new life.
  7. Originally posted by SJKamal:I think if SoL wasn't performed live in 2018 it wouldn't have made the top 5. The live performances gave it a new life.
    Not sure if serious or plain sarcasm.

SOL was the very first and only time I've been truly bored at a U2 show. And I ADORE the song in studio (even knowing it's not theirs).
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

SOL was the very first and only time I've been truly bored at a U2 show. And I ADORE the song in studio (even knowing it's not theirs).
    Excuse me - the Worst Thing was played before it.
  9. Huh, I honestly don't even remember it. I had to check the setlist to make sure You're right, but AT LEAST some of the crowd knew The Best Thing and sung along. During SOL the arena was just a dead body, and the (really moving) visuals from the refugees in the sea halfway through the song were the defibrillator.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

yeah I agree, I didn't like the live versions, although the Berlin one wasn't that bad
  11. I like SOE, but for me Love is Bigger (studio version) is one the worst song... this song have no taste... I prefer the live or the acoustic vesrsion