1. For my personal opinion, I hope U2 don't retire anytime soon but I know that them retiring will eventually come and hate that i didn't get into them until No Line, regret not going to Vertigo shows with my parents. I'm going to enjoy as much music we can get from them.
  2. The themes of SOI/SOE should have been saved for their retirement albums.
  3. Yup, it seems Bono in particular got a little fatalistic.
  4. I think they are wrapping up their story while they are the ones who can still tell it. Don’t want to leave it for a final album and then have something happen to prevent you from getting there. I enjoyed the “letters” aspect of the last album. Was nice to listen knowing some of the songs had an audience in mind…
  5. Agree U2Wanderer. Any idea if they are still working on an album of acoustic versions of their songs? Or if "Your Song Saved My Life" was the song with the Stuck in A Moment gospel vibe Adam was taking about last Fall? It would be satisfying if we knew what direction they were heading in with new music...As always, we are not worthy and thank you.
  6. Might be asking a bit much to reveal this or even if you know but again in relation to acoustic works is this a direction the band are going in with new material as well? It did sound like it might be from a few things Adam has said and does seem quite a natural move at this stage. I personally wouldn’t be surprised anyway for the next album to at least feature a handful of songs that the piano takes the lead rather than guitar.
  7. There isn’t going to be a tour until the whole world says “open up, it’s safe”. Look at Adele who just cancelled opening night of her Vegas residency cause of covid. Which means we’re not getting any tour until 2024 at earliest.

There was no desire to do a JT tour, they were asked to tour by contact obligation. They don’t want to tour AB, and I definitely don’t want it considering we already got Acrobat. The next album won’t happen until they get serious and really focus on it which none of them seem interested in doing right now. My guess is they’ll get more serious Spring 2023.
  8. Maybe they were their retirement albums, I don't think they are working as a four piece or have been since the end of the JT 2019 tour Bono and Edge have thrown out some evasive sound bites about writing songs without any specific deadline or plan in place which to me sounds like nothing is happening, I wouldn't begrudge them if they wanted to call it a day as they have pretty much done everything and achieved a level of success that most bands could only dream of
  9. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Maybe they were their retirement albums, I don't think they are working as a four piece or have been since the end of the JT 2019 tour Bono and Edge have thrown out some evasive sound bites about writing songs without any specific deadline or plan in place which to me sounds like nothing is happening, I wouldn't begrudge them if they wanted to call it a day as they have pretty much done everything and achieved a level of success that most bands could only dream of
  10. Originally posted by Monopoly:There isn’t going to be a tour until the whole world says “open up, it’s safe”. Look at Adele who just cancelled opening night of her Vegas residency cause of covid. Which means we’re not getting any tour until 2024 at earliest.

There was no desire to do a JT tour, they were asked to tour by contact obligation. They don’t want to tour AB, and I definitely don’t want it considering we already got Acrobat. The next album won’t happen until they get serious and really focus on it which none of them seem interested in doing right now. My guess is they’ll get more serious Spring 2023.
    Eh, Adele is using Covid as an excuse. Countless other shows are going in Vegas as we speak. Broadway is going. Multiple sporting events and concerts going at full capacity. Elton John just resumed his tour after nearly 2 years, as did Tool. Rumors range from she's had an emotional/mental breakdown, to the production wasn't ready or up to her standards, etc. She's known to be a bit of a pain in the ass and a prima donna. Her team have a real PR nightmare on their hands now, as many people had already traveled to Vegas for the shows, and she cancelled the entire residency the day before it began.

Countless other large acts are touring this year. At this point in the game, the Covid situation should not be affecting concerts at all, anywhere in the world. Vaccines are available to all. Omicron is very contagious, to the point where you cannot hide from it. But very mild, to the point where the overwhelming majority of people are barely sick, especially if vaccinated.

If U2 do not tour in 2023, it's not going to be because of Covid. By then, touring should be back to normal in all of the areas they usually tour, except probably not Asia / Australia/NZ. But in 2023, they should have no problem executing a full tour of Europe, North America, and South America.

Unless a new mega variant comes later this year, which I'm half expecting.
  11. Originally posted by Monopoly:There isn’t going to be a tour until the whole world says “open up, it’s safe”. Look at Adele who just cancelled opening night of her Vegas residency cause of covid. Which means we’re not getting any tour until 2024 at earliest.

I am not sure how you made that jump from Adele cancelling Vegas to no shows until 2024. You know it is early 2022. What I have heard is that the venues are back logged because of dates being pushed back. So that is the problem.
  12. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Eh, Adele is using Covid as an excuse. Countless other shows are going in Vegas as we speak. Broadway is going. Multiple sporting events and concerts going at full capacity. Elton John just resumed his tour after nearly 2 years, as did Tool. Rumors range from she's had an emotional/mental breakdown, to the production wasn't ready or up to her standards, etc. She's known to be a bit of a pain in the ass and a prima donna. Her team have a real PR nightmare on their hands now, as many people had already traveled to Vegas for the shows, and she cancelled the entire residency the day before it began.

Countless other large acts are touring this year. At this point in the game, the Covid situation should not be affecting concerts at all, anywhere in the world. Vaccines are available to all. Omicron is very contagious, to the point where you cannot hide from it. But very mild, to the point where the overwhelming majority of people are barely sick, especially if vaccinated.

If U2 do not tour in 2023, it's not going to be because of Covid. By then, touring should be back to normal in all of the areas they usually tour, except probably not Asia / Australia/NZ. But in 2023, they should have no problem executing a full tour of Europe, North America, and South America.

Unless a new mega variant comes later this year, which I'm half expecting.
    Maybe covid will be over by 2023. But a 2023 tour would require them to have album out by early next year which isn’t likely.