1. It had potential but I'm yet to listen to a version that gives me the same satisfaction that Slane does.
  2. The EI version of Streets was incredible.
  3. there been mention on here for an acoustic album - fuckin ell please don't do one

sats was class on popmart but usually - as with the piano performances - acoustic is boring as fuck

so a whole album - might as well call it 'u2 at bedtime'

someone on here said that the last 2 albums were/are supposed to be the bookends to their lives so maybe when you've already said it then there's nothing left to say

they've got to be careful of sounding like old guys trying to be hip - that's harder to get away with after you've turned 50-60

but they can still be cool by doing a 'proper' album with full instruments and a bit alt - i mean, they don't have to chase the dollar bill any more so why to be popular

they definitely still have a great album in them but whether we'll ever get to see that is another thing

if they continue to tour then i'll be there - i might be their harshest critic at times but that's because i have a fucking right to be being a long-term loyal fan - i can say what the fuck i like just as you rose-tinted glasses fans can, just like you delusional fans can and just like you sycophantic fans can

no acoustic album please
    no covers album please
    no reworking of songs please
    no fuckin disney albums please
    no re-hash re-issue of your past - your grandad doesn't look good in skinny jeans and shades he just looks wrong - there's a reason that is

come on boys - shock me!
  4. You can’t recreate Slane unless Bono’s father comes back from the dead and dies before every concert.

Slane is a one time segue and it’s perfect. Elevation tour segues were top notch too but not the same as Slane, it’s too special. Give me Zoo TV and Popmart over Elevation though.
  5. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:there been mention on here for an acoustic album - fuckin ell please don't do one

sats was class on popmart but usually - as with the piano performances - acoustic is boring as fuck

so a whole album - might as well call it 'u2 at bedtime'

someone on here said that the last 2 albums were/are supposed to be the bookends to their lives so maybe when you've already said it then there's nothing left to say

they've got to be careful of sounding like old guys trying to be hip - that's harder to get away with after you've turned 50-60

but they can still be cool by doing a 'proper' album with full instruments and a bit alt - i mean, they don't have to chase the dollar bill any more so why to be popular

they definitely still have a great album in them but whether we'll ever get to see that is another thing

if they continue to tour then i'll be there - i might be their harshest critic at times but that's because i have a fucking right to be being a long-term loyal fan - i can say what the fuck i like just as you rose-tinted glasses fans can, just like you delusional fans can and just like you sycophantic fans can

no acoustic album please
    no covers album please
    no reworking of songs please
    no fuckin disney albums please
    no re-hash re-issue of your past - your grandad doesn't look good in skinny jeans and shades he just looks wrong - there's a reason that is

come on boys - shock me!
    I hope they do several acoustic albums before the end of their career now just to annoy you
  6. On a serious note with acoustic stuff though I can see an appeal to it. I’ve enjoyed most of their acoustic versions of songs albeit generally less than the album versions but what I really like the idea of is full band acoustic/piano stuff. Stuck in a moment at the Apollo is an example of how one of their great songs can still sound great without a guitar. October has always been great and had just edge on piano. Every breaking wave I thought was better on the album but the live versions which included a bit of bass and drums took the acoustic version to a new level. Acoustic/piano full band could be great imo. But I’ll not say no to some edge solo’s on the electric guitar either.
  7. acoustic in general bores me, it's not just U2
  8. Same. MTV Unplugged is my nightmare!

I accept that U2 shows needs an acoustic song or 2 to give Larry a break, but that’s all I can tolerate. I’ve never listened to the SOI acoustic tracks. Why would I listen to watered down versions when a better version exists?
  9. That’s because U2 are poor at coming up with interesting acoustic arrangements and when it comes the piano, they have no talented pianist. One or two Edge/Bono tracks to break up the show are fine, but a whole album? Pass.
  10. yeah, it's something of my own, I'm a big fan of quiet songs and others, but acoustic music in general reaches a level of boredom for me
  11. All I’m saying, if done right, acoustic can be great with the right song choice. Nirvana Unplugged is one example of how great some songs can really be at their core.