1. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]
    I am not sure how you made that jump from Adele cancelling Vegas to no shows until 2024. You know it is early 2022. What I have heard is that the venues are back logged because of dates being pushed back. So that is the problem.
    No shows until 2024 for U2 makes sense. They aren’t heavy into the album making yet. Adam said in December they could tour after a 2023 album release. By U2 standards, that means an album will release December 2023 at earliest. Then they need a few months of tour production and rehearsing. Which lines up to 2024. And this is all assuming Bono doesn’t scrap the album before release to start over again.
  2. Originally posted by Monopoly:[..]
    Maybe covid will be over by 2023. But a 2023 tour would require them to have album out by early next year which isn’t likely.

Firstly, Covid won't be over by 2023. We'll just get smarter about treating it and getting back to life in spite of it.
    The word of Adam is basically the only thing we have to go by at this point.

He said they have already completed much work on the new album, and this year they are going to get serious about finishing it. He said U2 are not in a hurry to release an album until they can fully tour again to support it. He even said 2023 will be when they release an album and tour.

Now I know that it's U2, and things can and will get pushed back. But I think they will really be keen to get back out there and start touring again in '23. If they release an album in Feb/March of 23, then that sets them up to tour stadiums in the summer/fall of 2023. I also believe that had Covid not happened, they would've done an AB 30 tour this summer. Probably not to the extent of JT30, but they have been talking about it, and it was certainly in their minds and it would've been successful. My point is that it's too pessimistic at this point to write off U2 for 2023.
  3. I am hopeful for a brief AB30 tour in 2023. This year they will complete the album.
  4. There are of course thousands of peak concert experiences in the world. But personally I believe nothing has ever surpassed the magic of ZooTV’s Bullet The Blue Sky-Running To Stand Still-Where The Streets Have No Name.
    A new tour would’t likely surpass it either and therefore I prefer them doing a new kind of tour with new different peak experiences instead of trying to repeat what cannot be repeated.
  5. Originally posted by Hole:There are of course thousands of peak concert experiences in the world. But personally I believe nothing has ever surpassed the magic of ZooTV’s Bullet The Blue Sky-Running To Stand Still-Where The Streets Have No Name.
    A new tour would’t likely surpass it either and therefore I prefer them doing a new kind of tour with new different peak experiences instead of trying to repeat what cannot be repeated.
    The Bullet/ Zooropa snippet into Streets came pretty close in 2015.
  6. Stay/Bad/40 snippet/ streets works for me.
  7. 2015 was almost gold. On paper it is but Bono got way too rambly and the synths were way too overpowering during the flash.

Oh. And No Larry sticks during the intro.
  8. I loved the 2015 Zooropa segue into streets, zoo tv and elevation had great segue’s into the song as well but it’s a little bit disappointing on reflection that for the tour(s) celebrating the album it was on they revisited one of the weaker segue’s into streets with pride.
  9. Nothing will ever beat Slanes transition.
  10. I think you’re right here. Yes, the ZooTV, Pop, and Boston 2001 are absolutely fantastic but this one would probably get my vote if I had to choose one.

Maybe they could include this in the encore during the 35th anniversary tour? (Sorry. Just trying to get back on topic.)