1. Finally finished the book and, while it was enjoyable to get his perspective, the one lingering negative I have is the amount of name dropping that he does. While some if it is simply giving recognition to the hard working individuals engaged in activism, at other times it felt like he was trying too hard to show readers how well-read or learned he was, or how many celebrities he knew. “Look at how much I’ve learned since leaving school by reading Kerouac, Blake, Tolstoy etc”. The bit about meeting Prince seemed pointless other than to note he’d met Prince.
  2. I only got the book as it came with the ticket. I doubt i'll be reading it
  3. I plan to buy the book. I am also interested in the audiobook. I have a few questions for anyone who purchased the audiobook. For the audiobook, I see that some of my options are Audible, Apple Books, Google Play Store and Libro.fm

#1. After I sign-up and complete the purchase . . . . . do any of those options allow me to download the audiobook to my Dell Desktop computer? And if so, can I still listen to the audiobook . . . . . even after stopping my subscription to the audiobook website in the future?

#2. I assume it's not an MP3 audio file. If it is an audio file, what kind of audio file is it?

#3. If it is not an audio file, what kind of file is it? What is the file extension?

#4. Is it something I can import into my iTunes library, put into a playlist and then listen to on my iPOD Nano?

#5. Have I completely misunderstood how an audiobook works?

It's no secret anymore . . . . . I am computer/tech-challenged. I hope someone is willing to help me understand.
  4. Originally posted by dagobah:I plan to buy the book. I am also interested in the audiobook. I have a few questions for anyone who purchased the audiobook. For the audiobook, I see that some of my options are Audible, Apple Books, Google Play Store and Libro.fm

#1. After I sign-up and complete the purchase . . . . . do any of those options allow me to download the audiobook to my Dell Desktop computer? And if so, can I still listen to the audiobook . . . . . even after stopping my subscription to the audiobook website in the future?

#2. I assume it's not an MP3 audio file. If it is an audio file, what kind of audio file is it?

#3. If it is not an audio file, what kind of file is it? What is the file extension?

#4. Is it something I can import into my iTunes library, put into a playlist and then listen to on my iPOD Nano?

It's no secret anymore . . . . . I am computer/tech-challenged. I hope someone is willing to help me understand.
    I had most of these questions too. If you want to dm me I can help you out 👍
  5. #1. After I sign-up and complete the purchase . . . . . do any of those options allow me to download the audiobook to my Dell Desktop computer? And if so, can I still listen to the audiobook . . . . . even after stopping my subscription to the audiobook website in the future?
    Yes, I have downloaded it, so you should be able to listen in the future

The file is not mp3, it's a .aax file, but I have converted my download to mp3

See above

The .aax file seems to be an itunes file so you should be ok I think.

6. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Finally finished the book and, while it was enjoyable to get his perspective, the one lingering negative I have is the amount of name dropping that he does. While some if it is simply giving recognition to the hard working individuals engaged in activism, at other times it felt like he was trying too hard to show readers how well-read or learned he was, or how many celebrities he knew. “Look at how much I’ve learned since leaving school by reading Kerouac, Blake, Tolstoy etc”. The bit about meeting Prince seemed pointless other than to note he’d met Prince.
    yeh but he's met a lot of celebs though

literary name-dropping is a bore and only seems to prove that he has read a book or 2

but considering he reads a lot he still comes up with elevation and stand up comedy so maybe it hasn't always benefited him
  7. If you sign up with Audible it gives you an audio file access for 30 days. It is not an mp3 and l think it designed for listening only. Audible is connected to Amazon.com. I enjoyed the Audible book and would of paid but l got a free trial.
  8. Just read the chapter in the recording of Pop. If anyone wonders why the band takes so much time to record and produce as well as their quest for relevancy it can be found in the chapter Wake Up Dead Man.

I wonder if the recording sessions had gone well and the album flipped but the tour was good from the start would they think differently?

But when you think about it the band was having a tough time as co-workers and friends, the work didn’t deliver to their standards and the live performances started out uneasy.

I love this album so much but the shying away from it makes sense.
  9. Originally posted by kris_smith87:Just read the chapter in the recording of Pop. If anyone wonders why the band takes so much time to record and produce as well as their quest for relevancy it can be found in the chapter Wake Up Dead Man.

I wonder if the recording sessions had gone well and the album flipped but the tour was good from the start would they think differently?

But when you think about it the band was having a tough time as co-workers and friends, the work didn’t deliver to their standards and the live performances started out uneasy.

I love this album so much but the shying away from it makes sense.
    That chapter was definitely an interesting read. It was somewhat satisfying to finally get some real insight into why Bono/the band look back at that album with disdain.

I can definitely respect that the end result (Pop) wasn’t what they initially set out to make, but I do wish Bono/they would realize that sometimes that’s also what can lead to interesting territory - trying to make something and the result not being *that*, but being something unique in its own right. I mean I’m sure they DO realize that, but yeah.

Pop will always be brilliant, but yeah, I understand now why they don’t see it that way.
  10. This Miracle Drug chapter is a bit of a slog eh?