Stories of Surrender Tour
Legs (3): Promo appearances, 2022, 2023
Shows: 42
  1. If you login to u2.com they are doing a special request for subscribers for pairs of tickets to the beacon shows, just if anyone’s interested. Still no guarantee of getting any but another shot for some

Here’s the link

https://bono.shop.ticketstoday.com/Splash.aspx
  2. It sounds to me demand was not as high as expected...
  3. I doubt that very much. It’ll be a case of them trying to make sure fans who didn’t manage to get tickets don’t end up paying funny money of the ticket touts. These aren’t free tickets to request. There’s loads of tickets on ticketmaster but the vast majority are resale meaning Bono/livenation etc have already made their money. Just a pity the crazy amounts being asked means there will probably be empty seats on the nights.
  4. Any chance of additional shows? I did not use my code and requested 2 but was denied. Wonder if they offered that to check interest for adding any.
  5. Originally posted by jdcranston:Any chance of additional shows? I did not use my code and requested 2 but was denied. Wonder if they offered that to check interest for adding any.
    Room for 3 more and plans for it too according to U2songs.
  6. Yup. Expected them to be announced by now though. Definitely had more in the works based on info shared with us.
  7. If you check out Ticketmaster most of the shows are almost sold out, with the exception of some really overpriced tickets in the middle of the venue. They’ll definitely be sold out by the day of the show. Demand certainly exists for more shows to be added.
  8. During the show there were some stats about Bono's activism on screen. I thought these were impressive, can anyone recall these stats?
  9. Just heard the full show recording. His rendition of Torna a Surriento is hard to listen to if you've heard interpretations by Sinatra or Pavarotti. Or even if you haven't. He's pushing it too hard where it doesn't need to be loud and whispering in places where it would be better to hear the melody.
  10. Originally posted by BloodyValentine:Just heard the full show recording. His rendition of Torna a Surriento is hard to listen to if you've heard interpretations by Sinatra or Pavarotti. Or even if you haven't. He's pushing it to hard where it doesn't need to be loud and whispering in places where it would be better to hear the melody.
    It filled the theatre live. IEM's never compliment him. I don't think anyone would rate his effort as a tenor but it perfectly fitted the narrative of the show.
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    It filled the theatre live. IEM's never compliment him. I don't think anyone would rate his effort as a tenor but it perfectly fitted the narrative of the show.

Fair point. Yes it dovetails with the Bob story nicely.

Another interesting piece of trivia about that song is that Elvis covered it and called it "Surrender". I wonder if Bono was referencing that in some way. Nice synchronicity in any case.
  12. After listening to the SF bootleg a few times now I really hope they record a show for streaming later on like Springsteen On Broadway. Its a great quality recording but the experience is only half as good as it could be without the visuals.