1. Sad part is that the best moments of the album are recycled best parts of previous albums...
    And lyrics could be finally about something else than resistance or revolting or fight against corrupted system...
  2. Originally posted by Alvin:Sad part is that the best moments of the album are recycled best parts of previous albums...
    And lyrics could be finally about something else than resistance or revolting or fight against corrupted system...
    That's exactly what they were trying to do though. The record label wanted a greatest hits from them and they opted to go back and try to do a greatest hits with new songs, so it's by design really.

I do agree with the 'revolting against the system' angle though. To be honest it's been hard to go along with that since the band acheived major mainstream success and became millionaires. At least there's a few songs like Ghosts and Verona which feel more heartfelt and, dare I say it, genuine.
  3. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:[..]
    Haha, don't get me wrong it's a brilliant closer but it's just been so overdone!

Ditching the Harmonica intro would help. Other than the T2L stadium run, Knights has ended most of their shows since 2007. It should still close the main set but I'd like to see them freshen up the encore a bit.
    I agree, KOC needs a rest as a closer. Closing the main set or opening the encore with it would be perfect, but I also want to see some other tune (not Starlight please ) taking its place as the show closer. WAFF would be a good choice but I'd like them to try some other classics. Plug In Baby would be a great closer, Stockholm Syndrome used to close gigs back in 2003, 2004 and 2005 and it was just killer. What about Take A Bow or even Uprising? Both kinda fit the WOTP theme and are well known by fans and casuals. Even Psycho would be a killer closer IMO, people would leave the show on a high note.
  4. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:@LikeASong ohh nice, I didn't know they had any gigs before the October theatre tour. Hopefully they debut another song or two off the album. Any songs in particular you're hoping they play?
    I'd love to see them premiere WAFF (I'm not ready for Verona or Ghosts yet, and Matt said the other day he isn't either) but I'm afraid it'll be Halloween instead Which I'm starting to like, by the way.

Nice album review! I tend to agree with everything, and I hadn't noticed the lack of bass in KOBK because I've only listened to the album in the car so far, but I gave it a quick listen and you're absolutely right. It kinda comes and goes, but it's pretty much absent. So strange in a band that always mixes his bass prominently.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I agree, KOC needs a rest as a closer. Closing the main set or opening the encore with it would be perfect, but I also want to see some other tune (not Starlight please ) taking its place as the show closer. WAFF would be a good choice but I'd like them to try some other classics. Plug In Baby would be a great closer, Stockholm Syndrome used to close gigs back in 2003, 2004 and 2005 and it was just killer. What about Take A Bow or even Uprising? Both kinda fit the WOTP theme and are well known by fans and casuals. Even Psycho would be a killer closer IMO, people would leave the show on a high note.
    They have so many good options for closers; Stockholm, WAFF, Take A Bow, Plug in Baby or Bliss like back in the OoS days. I feel Uprising lost most of its power when it was moved towards the end of the set so would like to see that one nice and early again. I'm with you on Starlight, very anti-climatic when it was used in 2013!

They also insist on opening shows with a new song when, again, they have so many great options, I wish they'd change that up, too. Knights, Apocalyse Please, Dead Star, PiB, New Born...hell, I've seen them open with Assassin and that brought the house down!

Oh nice, fair play on Verona and Ghosts (I doubt that will ever be played live) but hopefully they debut at least one more new song at these upcoming gigs. I get the impression the band are confident in how well this new album will come across in a live setting.
  6. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:[..]
    They have so many good options for closers; Stockholm, WAFF, Take A Bow, Plug in Baby or Bliss like back in the OoS days. I feel Uprising lost most of its power when it was moved towards the end of the set so would like to see that one nice and early again. I'm with you on Starlight, very anti-climatic when it was used in 2013!

They also insist on opening shows with a new song when, again, they have so many great options, I wish they'd change that up, too. Knights, Apocalyse Please, Dead Star, PiB, New Born...hell, I've seen them open with Assassin and that brought the house down!

Oh nice, fair play on Verona and Ghosts (I doubt that will ever be played live) but hopefully they debut at least one more new song at these upcoming gigs. I get the impression the band are confident in how well this new album will come across in a live setting.
    Ohhhh yes, Bliss as a closer *drools* I hope they try some of these alternatives but I'm almost certain they'll still close with KOC. And the harmonica intro is not gonna be retired anytime soon I'm afraid!

I understand they want to open their proper tour shows with a new song - it would be disappointing (for me) and a lack of confidence in the new material to do otherwise. Odd gigs and even festivals are a different story though, and I'd love to see them try new openers. Dead Star, haha imagine that. Imagine the casuals' faces

You've seen Assassin opening a gig? Oh wow. That's only happened twice and both have been at the other side of the world so I'm really curious about that
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Ohhhh yes, Bliss as a closer *drools* I hope they try some of these alternatives but I'm almost certain they'll still close with KOC. And the harmonica intro is not gonna be retired anytime soon I'm afraid!

I understand they want to open their proper tour shows with a new song - it would be disappointing (for me) and a lack of confidence in the new material to do otherwise. Odd gigs and even festivals are a different story though, and I'd love to see them try new openers. Dead Star, haha imagine that. Imagine the casuals' faces

You've seen Assassin opening a gig? Oh wow. That's only happened twice and both have been at the other side of the world so I'm really curious about that
    That's actually a good point about not opening with a new song, I hadn't considered that. In that case, I think they've got four great openers for this tour in WOTP, WSD, KOBK and WAFF. Make it happen and rotate 'em all, guys!

Assassin opened at the Shepherd's Bush 'by request' gig in 2017. I remember it very well! Before the show started everyone was wondering just how much attention the band would pay to the fan votes (no setlists were laid out on stage before the show). Before the band came on, a member or the 'Passage' charity Muse were supporting walked on-stage and did a nice little talk about how the band were great supporters etc and then quoted some lyrics from Dig Down (which was newly released)...to which a good few people around me thought "Oh no!". We thought the tone for the night had been set there and then.

...then the band started and opened with Assassin, Dead Star and Muscle Museum. One of, if not the best three song stretch I've ever seen them play!
  8. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:[..]
    That's actually a good point about not opening with a new song, I hadn't considered that. In that case, I think they've got four great openers for this tour in WOTP, WSD, KOBK and WAFF. Make it happen and rotate 'em all, guys!

Assassin opened at the Shepherd's Bush 'by request' gig in 2017. I remember it very well! Before the show started everyone was wondering just how much attention the band would pay to the fan votes (no setlists were laid out on stage before the show). Before the band came on, a member or the 'Passage' charity Muse were supporting walked on-stage and did a nice little talk about how the band were great supporters etc and then quoted some lyrics from Dig Down (which was newly released)...to which a good few people around me thought "Oh no!". We thought the tone for the night had been set there and then.

...then the band started and opened with Assassin, Dead Star and Muscle Museum. One of, if not the best three song stretch I've ever seen them play!
    Ooooooh man, the Shepherd's Bush gig. Didn't remember you had attended that. Utterly jealous If I could travel back to one single Muse gig that is the one I would choose, hands down. Only one that comes close would be the Cigale Paris 2018 show, but Shepher's was even better. So so so jealous

I thought you had made it either to the Osaka Zepp or the Sydney 2007 gigs that Assassin had opened lol
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Ooooooh man, the Shepherd's Bush gig. Didn't remember you had attended that. Utterly jealous If I could travel back to one single Muse gig that is the one I would choose, hands down. Only one that comes close would be the Cigale Paris 2018 show, but Shepher's was even better. So so so jealous

I thought you had made it either to the Osaka Zepp or the Sydney 2007 gigs that Assassin had opened lol
    I just looked at those Osaka gigs and wow, awesome stuff. Pretty much every set during the BHaR tour was brilliant. My first show was Wembley (night 1) 2007 and was my first ever time seeing a live band...it left quite an impression!

Shepherd's Bush was an unforgettable night; it was my 20th Muse gig and I managed to meet the band afterwards as well, the whole thing still seems a bit surreal...it was the perfect ending to the best gig I've ever been to

Looking ahead to the new tour...I'm hoping they recognise it's Absolution's 20th anniversary next year and bring back a deep cut from that album. Apocalypse Please, Sing For Absolution or Ruled By Secrecy would do nicely!
  10. I saw them last Saturday and they were mediocre. Not only the setlist was exactly the same as the one I saw in early July only changing Stockholm Syndrome for Halloween (heresy ), but also Matt was having a very rough night, he had almost no mid range and had to rely too much on falsettos and crowd singalongs. The sound was subpar -although that's not 100% the band's fault- and in general I didn't feel like they were the band we're used too. Some close friends attended the Vigo show on Thursday and said basically the same. Hopefully it's just a rough patch and they'll be excellent for the upcoming theatre shows.