1. Yeah exactly! And he insisted on talking to me, he even asked if I had some Coldplay material that he could sign. Poor guy
  2. The downfall of living in Australia… that they announced only one city being Perth to come down under for their latest tour. They haven’t been to Perth in 12/13 years and haven’t been to the east coast since 2016. Looks like will be waiting longer, just like we did for U2 in Oz.
  3. I don't like that approach but hopefully it's just a teaser and they'll soon come back for a tour. The state governments here seem to want to lock in artists as a means of luring tourist dollars and there's stiff competition for unique events. The Victoria government started it with the one off Foo Fighters gig but then a full tour was announced later before Taylor died. While on a smaller scale, I noticed The Corrs doing a "one night only" show that was later followed by a national tour. I don't like that and think Coldplay are mad for agreeing to the proposal. It must be a pretty lucrative deal to take that in preference to multiple shows in front of hundreds of thousands of loyal fans.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah exactly! And he insisted on talking to me, he even asked if I had some Coldplay material that he could sign. Poor guy
    I thought he gave it to you signed and insisted you take it
  5. Now that you mention it, they carried some pre-signed CDs and handed them to random people in the street, begging them to take the items - nobody wanted though!
  6. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I don't like that approach but hopefully it's just a teaser and they'll soon come back for a tour. The state governments here seem to want to lock in artists as a means of luring tourist dollars and there's stiff competition for unique events. The Victoria government started it with the one off Foo Fighters gig but then a full tour was announced later before Taylor died. While on a smaller scale, I noticed The Corrs doing a "one night only" show that was later followed by a national tour. I don't like that and think Coldplay are mad for agreeing to the proposal. It must be a pretty lucrative deal to take that in preference to multiple shows in front of hundreds of thousands of loyal fans.
    I think it's only a continuation of the progressive transformation of live concerts into exclusive experiences. It's a disgrace.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Now that you mention it, they carried some pre-signed CDs and handed them to random people in the street, begging them to take the items - nobody wanted though!
  8. Saw them at the Etihad on Saturday. From afar one of the guitarists looks like Edge.

9. saw them on sunday - what a concert

well, except for that puppet thing - that was terrible!

thing with coldplay is, like with U2 (well, more than U2 actually), they realise that an audience is there and actually involve them throughout the show

no big sphere balls residencies just yet to get themselves noticed
  10. Tim Booth guest appearance as well 👍👍👍👍👍