1. 1 euro at the thrift shop.
  2. Found this (also dutch), think this is a great cover of Unforgettable Fire:

3. Well played and well sung. I could have used some extra guitar work, it's a bit too basic. And the "walk on byyy, walk on throuuugh" right before the "Edge Orchestra" bridge is definitely not my thing. But overall I enjoyed it, thanks
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Well played and well sung. I could have used some extra guitar work, it's a bit too basic. And the "walk on byyy, walk on throuuugh" right before the "Edge Orchestra" bridge is definitely not my thing. But overall I enjoyed it, thanks
    They did more covers, but I liked this one best.Think they tour (well eh.. toured) as a tribute act as well. `
  5. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    They did more covers, but I liked this one best.Think they tour (well eh.. toured) as a tribute act as well. `
    It never ceases to amaze me how the Netherlands have always been the most loyal country to U2. Since the very very beggining. You guys never failed U2. Respect
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It never ceases to amaze me how the Netherlands have always been the most loyal country to U2. Since the very very beggining. You guys never failed U2. Respect
    I always thought it was the Italians apart from being the loudest crowd in Europe they always come up with an ingenious way of honouring the band during a gig.
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    I always thought it was the Italians apart from being the loudest crowd in Europe they always come up with an ingenious way of honouring the band during a gig.
    The Netherlands were the first place they played outside of Ireland and the United Kingdom, they've always welcomed U2 in a very kind way, and their everlasting relationship with Anton Corbijn only made their connection with The Netherlands stronger over time. Of course Italy has a good bunch of crazy fans (in a good sense), very much like Brazil, Argentina, Mexico etc. But in terms of long-term loyalty The Netherlands are ahead everyone else. U2 should honour that relationship recording their next concert there.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    The Netherlands were the first place they played outside of Ireland and the United Kingdom, they've always welcomed U2 in a very kind way, and their everlasting relationship with Anton Corbijn only made their connection with The Netherlands stronger over time. Of course Italy has a good bunch of crazy fans (in a good sense), very much like Brazil, Argentina, Mexico etc. But in terms of long-term loyalty The Netherlands are ahead everyone else. U2 should honour that relationship recording their next concert there.
    Recording/filming their next concert here would be a nice gesture. But than please let them not play exact setlists night after night like they usualy do when they film. And please, if they do film here, let them actualy release it to the public
  9. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    Recording/filming their next concert here would be a nice gesture. But than please let them not play exact setlists night after night like they usualy do when they film. And please, if they do film here, let them actualy release it to the public
    Yeah! After they did the photo shoot for the JT30 tour promo in a beach close to Amsterdam I thought filming the ArenA shows would have been a good idea. They were some of the best JT shows and also featured the last performance ever of ASOH.
  10. They seem to like it here for multiple reasons, their royalty company is (or was) based in Amsterdam.

ArenA shows were great, but I doubt the stadium would look good on film with the roof closed and the black scaffolding they hang from it (to rescue the sound). Ziggo Dome would work, great sound as well.
  11. Speaking of loud crowds, forgot how loud they were at the 2017 ArenA shows. Durung SBS they're louder than the band :