1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I’m not in agreement but that’s what’s great about u2 so many songs and different sounds we’ve got something to disagree about.
    Very Zen. I should imagine I have a U2 song that I pretty much dislike and someone would really love. I think out of the entire canon it would have to be Get On Your Boots. Utter rubbish!
  2. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    Very Zen. I should imagine I have a U2 song that I pretty much dislike and someone would really love. I think out of the entire canon it would have to be Get On Your Boots. Utter rubbish!
    I agree with you about Boots. It really is about eras though, I’m more of a JT and onwards fan, I love Boy but I’m not a huge fan of October, war or Unforgettable Fire, or in fact rattle and hum. When I say I’m not a huge fan I obviously mean in relation to there other work because there’s still a load of songs I love from these albums. There will be the fans though that don’t rate much from ATYCLB onwards, there will be the fans that don’t like pop and Zooropa as well. I guess most fans can only agree on Achtung Baby and Joshua tree being good albums and even then there will probably be someone who isn’t too keen on one or both even.
  3. Erm... Liker of "Boots" here...
  4. Out of interest what u2 songs are you not that keen on? Have you got an album that even though you like it you like it less than the others?
  5. I don’t quite understand the love Elvis Presley and America is getting here. For me its one of the worst U2 tracks along with is that all, red light, somedays are better than others, and grace. But thats just my opinion.
  6. While there is nothing that I despise I like 1/2 of NLOTH, 1/2 of Zooropa - could definitely do without Miami... I just think Boots is full of clever and cheeky lyrics.... and it would actually fit into the theme of the set now...
  7. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:While there is nothing that I despise I like 1/2 of NLOTH, 1/2 of Zooropa - could definitely do without Miami... I just think Boots is full of clever and cheeky lyrics.... and it would actually fit into the theme of the set now...
    Interesting I’m with you in regards to Miami and NLOTH. I love Zooropa though. I don’t really despise much though either. My least favourite u2 albums are my least favourite only because of a couple of songs. I dislike about an albums worth of songs in there entire catalogue.
  8. Originally posted by POPmart07:I don’t quite understand the love Elvis Presley and America is getting here. For me its one of the worst U2 tracks along with is that all, red light, somedays are better than others, and grace. But thats just my opinion.
    We all listen different things. As baffling as is to you why some of us consider it one of their best, the same happens the other way around, I can't understand why so many people hates it.

It's one of those few songs that the moment it starts, it makes me stop doing whatever I'm doing, I end up emotionally exhausted after listening to it... to me it gives me the exact same vibes I get from Bad, Mercy and Little Things... similar to TUF or Zooropa.

And like I said, on the other hand, I don't get the love for ASOH or for Wild Horses, which while I don't hate them, I find them very forgettable... or Do You Feel Loved, which is in fact one of those songs that I do consider among their worst, and many people loves them.

I really find this "phenomenon" quite fascinating, because we clearly are listening the same thing, and we all like U2, but somehow we perceive it in such a different way (from "one of their best" to "one of their worst"), that is really like some cosmic joke.

And then, there's the people that said that "all U2 songs sound the same"
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Interesting I’m with you in regards to Miami and NLOTH. I love Zooropa though. I don’t really despise much though either. My least favourite u2 albums are my least favourite only because of a couple of songs. I dislike about an albums worth of songs in there entire catalogue.
    Ditto. And even the "dislike" isn't pure disdain. It's more like I can take it or leave it....
  10. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    We all listen different things. As baffling as is to you why some of us consider it one of their best, the same happens the other way around, I can't understand why so many people hates it.

It's one of those few songs that the moment it starts, it makes me stop doing whatever I'm doing, I end up emotionally exhausted after listening to it... to me it gives me the exact same vibes I get from Bad, Mercy and Little Things... similar to TUF or Zooropa.

And like I said, on the other hand, I don't get the love for ASOH or for Wild Horses, which while I don't hate them, I find them very forgettable... or Do You Feel Loved, which is in fact one of those songs that I do consider among their worst, and many people loves them.

I really find this "phenomenon" quite fascinating, because we clearly are listening the same thing, and we all like U2, but somehow we perceive it in such a different way (from "one of their best" to "one of their worst"), that is really like some cosmic joke.

Wow that trio of songs you don't like are some of my personal faves! Very interesting though.
  11. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

"We're one, but we're not the same..."
  12. One important thing, IMHO,...

The fact that there's U2 fans who think that that song you hate is one of their best, makes me realize that they're not bad songs or that "that song sucks!!!"... Is just that it doesn't resonate with me (or you)