1. Originally posted by gerryhickeyEh where can I find the files for the pop zooropa outakes ??? Never heard them and would love a listen

Don't know that there are 'outtakes' of that available.

Although the alternate versions of "Stay" and "The Wanderer" are on the "Faraway, So Close!" soundtrack. "Stay" is pretty different than the Zooropa version and with a different bridge. The Wanderer is a bit longer but similar to the released version.

Alternate version of "Until The End Of The World" on the "UTEOTW" soundtrack is different and sounds interesting too.
  2. -City of Blinding Lights was originally called "Firefly" and/or "Skyhawk" when they were planning to have it done for the "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" soundtrack.
    http://www.u2arg.com/home/noti_home_oct22004.htm

-For the War section, I think "Be There" and those two untitled instrumentals can be included.

-Do we want to include the pre-Boy tracks that were played live but didn't have studio demos (i.e. Pete the Chop)? Or are we just sticking to studio tracks?
    (Also for post-Boy: "Carry Me Home" and "We/I Love You")

-Here's a short list from the Interference archives:

Left off of Zooropa:
    Piano: Poem
    (from "Until the End of the World"... mentioned in what Flannagan called a Chinese menu when they were catagorizing the songs for the album.)

Left off of ATYCLB:
    Yesterday and Tomorrow*
    Sun Moon Stars *
    Sometime *
    Stranded *
    Novelty Act (rumoured song to appear on Stuck in a Moment single)
    Busy Bee (seen on Beautiful Day video. Again the white board under Elevation.)
    (from Propaganda. The white board was listed and these were songs listed as *.)

HTDAAB:
    A Man's a Man

Thanks to Swan269 for this list.
    http://forum.interference.com/f196/list-song-titles-arranged-era-76423.html
  3. I've got Firefly and Sky Hawk listed under HTDAAB. Thanks for that - we're getting a great list built up.

Can you get that Interference archives link where you found those titles?

Originally posted by gerryhickeyEh where can I find the files for the pop zooropa outakes ??? Never heard them and would love a listen

I don't think they're around or circulating publicly, unlike the Achtung Baby demos.
  4. you forgot Holy Joe from the Discotheque single.

I think it was planned to be on the record because they played it at the world tour presentation and around that time the album wasn't even done.
  5. Originally posted by dieder:you forgot Holy Joe from the Discotheque single.

I think it was planned to be on the record because they played it at the world tour presentation and around that time the album wasn't even done.

it made it on to the album in some countries and was also included as a b-side on the Discotheque single so I don't think it would fit here
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

it made it on to the album in some countries and was also included as a b-side on the Discotheque single so I don't think it would fit here

I'm not sure, actually. So it was on the Discotheque single and also meant to be for Pop, you mean?

I can add it with an asterisk. Asterisks mean that it's there but open to further discussion (because it may not be a real demo or we're unsure). I'll leave it open...

Actually - would Holy Joe be like Ground Beneath Her Feet or even Fast Cars on HTDAAB? It appeared on some releases but not others. For example, I have two copies of ATYCLB - one has the tracklisting of Beautiful Day > Grace, the other has Beautiful Day > Ground Beneath Her Feet. Fast Cars appears on the special edition DVD one, but doesn't on the Australian Vertigo Tour edition?
  7. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

I'm not sure, actually. So it was on the Discotheque single and also meant to be for Pop, you mean?

I can add it with an asterisk. Asterisks mean that it's there but open to further discussion (because it may not be a real demo or we're unsure). I'll leave it open...

2 versions of Holy Joe made it on to the Discotheque single and Holy Joe made it on to the Japanese release of the album. Hardly an outtake if it's on the album
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

2 versions of Holy Joe made it on to the Discotheque single and Holy Joe made it on to the Japanese release of the album. Hardly an outtake if it's on the album

Alright - I'm gonna remove it. The two TUF outtakes I've listed - what would you say to those?

9. Love Comes Tumbling made it onto Wide Awake so shouldn't really be classed as an outtake

10. I read it was an outtake from Unforgettable Fire as was the other one. Regardless...

Oh yeah - there is a thread from ages ago with Brian Eno's notes and a whole lot of songs in it. Do you know of the thread?

11. allright... can't disagree with your both reasons

12. No worries and thanks for your help. I actually thought it was a demo myself...but it was played live(ish) too, in K-Mart at the press conference for Popmart.

I'll add them but they're always open to further discussion.